Camping with the Stars - Part 2

Los Angeles - 02:52 pm

Max's P.O.V

As soon as Rachel and Chloe returned from the Observatory, both were surprised when they saw that tent done. Of course, I was hoping that at least Rachel would suspect that it wasn't just Josh who finished pitching it on his own, but oddly enough, it wasn't how I imagined it. She actually seemed to believe he was the one who did everything else himself. Looks like Rachel Amber's lie detector didn't work this time.

The moment the two of them approached the place where we were, Chloe came forward like she was in a hurry to get something and put her hands inside her backpack. After searching a lot, she finally found what she was looking for and pulled the item out. Chloe had pulled out a pack of cigarettes with a red box that said "Redwood Cigarettes" containing only 3 cigarettes left in it. The top of that box was brutally ripped open, which made me conclude that Chloe had opened it in a moment of desperation or pure desire. The bottom was slightly violated, which also made me conclude that it was an attempted theft of her or that she just couldn't open it from that side.

Chloe and Rachel had to come to us past all those things lying on the floor we brought from the car. As soon as the two approached, Chloe sat on the same log as us and commented on those items.

Chloe: - Uh... You know it's not over yet, right? There's all that junk back there to put in there.

Max: - Yes, we know. We're just resting, Chloe. You should do this too.

Chloe: - Hey, you said it, not me. - She said as she made room in that log and lay down. - Don't complain if I rest for the rest of the day.

Max: - So don't complain if I keep waking you up every five minutes.

Chloe: - Don't you dare do that. Sleeptime is a sacred thing, Max.

Max: - Sleeptime or a cigarette break?

Chloe: - Hm... Now that you mention it, it's a good idea.

Then Chloe reached up to that pack of cigarettes with the top destroyed and pulled one out. Like the box, that cigarette was completely decorated with some red details and with the brand written on its body. It didn't look like one of those ordinary cigarette packs, as far as I know. Chloe definitely bought it here in Los Angeles or stole it from some rich guy out there. I don't know if I would like to know the answer...

After taking the fancy cigarette out of that box, Chloe placed the pack of cigarettes on her abdomen and searched for her classic lighter in her pants pocket.

Chloe: - Shit! I think I left my lighter in my backpack, but I don't feel like getting up to go get it.

Max: - Oh... What a pity. - She was sarcastic. - Poor Chloe.

Suddenly, Rachel appeared at Chloe's side and pushed both of her legs off that broad log.

Chloe: - Hey, come on...

Rachel: - You better not get used to it, Price. - She said as she sat on the log. - I also need my own space.

Chloe: - Uh... Couldn't you have sat on the other log? I was lying here.

Rachel: - And couldn't you have laid on the other log? I was sitting here.

After that, Josh and I giggled as we watched the two of them.

Chloe: - Ok, but you could have at least taken my lighter when I said, right?

Rachel: - Not today... You'll get used to being without cigarettes for a while, Chloe Price.