Chapter 47

One Month Later

I've said it before and I'll say it again: my wife gets what she wants.

She's always been fascinated with the way Americans spend holidays. Like binge drinking on the Fourth of July to somehow celebrate independence. Or Thanksgiving when they pretend that's how it actually went down. But the one that has always piqued her interest is Halloween.

It truly is a uniquely American holiday. To wear costumes and go door to door asking for candy. I've never understood it so I've never taken part in it but this year is different.

Luca finally gave in to Victoria and agreed to take the kids trick or treating. Rosa found out and lost her damn mind. And that is how I ended up where I am now; dressed like a fucking Dalmatian waiting for Luca's clan to arrive.

"Oh, this is perfect," Rosa smiles as she adjusts the ears on my head.

"You're so fucking lucky I love you," I mutter.

Her bright eyes meet mine, "you know you look cute."

"I'm not meant to be cute," I counter, even as I place my hands on her waist.

"Well, you are anyway," she grins.

I roll my eyes and shake my head before kissing her forehead.

My costume is meant to compliment hers. Regardless of the fact that she's almost four months pregnant, my gorgeous wife is wearing a latex bodysuit and six inch heeled boots. Her breasts are practically bursting through the zipper down the front of her outfit and the only clear indication of what she is is the fireman's hat on her head.

"And you, my love, are sexy as all hell," I inform her. Just as I lean in for a kiss, the front doors fly open.

"Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!" Elle sprints past us down the hall.

"Emergenza bagno," Alice half explains and she rushes behind her.
(Bathroom emergency)

"Dio mia," Rosa exclaims.
(Oh my God)

I follow her gaze to the front doors. Victoria is wearing a long pink gown with a cheap silver crown. Enzo has patchwork overalls and a painted face making him look like a scarecrow. Baby Catarina, being carried by Luca, is a little lion with a furry mane.

I bite back my laughter as I look over Luca's look. He is covered, head to toe, in silver body paint. Rosa and Victoria begin to fawn over each other's costumes. Enzo takes off down the hallway and his guard runs after him. Luca shifts the baby into his other arm as he gets closer.

"You look..." I trail off, tilting my head, "shiny."

"Get fucked," Luca scoffs.

"Really showing some commitment to the thing," I continue to taunt him, "I wonder how easy that paint comes off."

"Worry about yourself," he retorts, "you are literally a dog."

"Stop that," Rosa scolds him, taking hold of the small leash attached to the very uncomfortable collar around my neck.

"I think he looks cute," she tells him before giving the leach a tug. My cock twitches in my pants at that.

My eyes go wide and my entire body stiffens.

Oh God. Not here. Not now. Not in front of these fucking people. Okay, okay, just think. Naked grandmas. Feet. That one time I walked in on Antonio. The smell of the basement. Okay, good. We're good. Blood is going back where it should be.

Jesus Christ, am I really that whipped?

"Did you just-"

I cut Luca off with a hushed, "shut the fuck up."