Chapter 1

Homesick. The one word that could describe what everyone was feeling. They were homesick for a place that no longer existed. A place where Y/N was still with them. A place where they got to see her grow from being a small, fragile human to a strong, powerful person. A place where they got to experience her first day of school, her first time riding a bike, her first crush, her first dance, her first period, her first time driving, her first relationship, her first heartbreak, and her first and last time walking across a stage to accept her high school diploma.

Standing in front of the Stark lake house, millions of emotions are running through the group of avengers. While they all knew this day was coming, nothing could have prepared them for the flood of memories that came rushing back to them.

They know they shouldn't, but a part of them feels stupid for still being this affected by their loss. Fifteen years later, it still feels like the day they lost her. Even though she was in their lives for a short period, she left a lasting mark on them.

Sam was the first one to move. He slings his large duffle bag strap across his shoulder and heads straight to the front door. As he passes by Tony, he grabs the keys dangling from his fingertips.

"Let's get this over with," he mumbles under his breath.

Sam moving toward the house cause the others to start to follow slowly. The only ones that haven't followed are Tony and Steve. Tony is still stuck in his place, staring at the house while Steve gently approaches him.

Tony's voice slightly cracked as he spoke for the first time today, "I don't know if I can do this."

"Yes, you can." Steve places his hand on Tony's shoulder to show him some comfort. "It's not going to be easy, but you are surrounded by people who are going to help get you through this. I will never be able to fully understand what you're going through, but you aren't the only one who lost someone important to you that day. We get through this together."

Tony turned his head towards Steve to see he was already looking at him. Tony gives him a slight smile with tear-filled eyes before turning and walking towards the open front door. Steve takes one last look at the outside of the house before following Tony inside.

As Tony steps inside the house he hasn't visited in years, he lets the memories settle in. Walking towards the large living on the left of the front entrance, he starts to remember the first time they ever brought Y/N to the lake house.

"Welcome to our new lake house." Tony carried the little girl in first to ensure she was the first to see their new house. At six months old, she had him wrapped around her finger.

"Thank you so much for holding the door, Stark." Tony turned to see Barnes glaring at him as he struggled to carry everyone's luggage in. He arm-wrestled with Sam on the flight to see who had to bring all their stuff in.

Bucky thought it would be an easy win, but Sam decided to play dirty by distracting him by whispering, "So, robo boy, I heard you have a thing for Mr. spangled banner." Bucky was too busy internally freaking out that he didn't hear Nat yell go, and that's how he lost an arm-wrestling match to Sam.

"Why would I hold the door for you? I'm carrying one of the most important cargoes we brought. Widow is carrying the other one."

Natasha walks through the front door carrying Peter in her arms, "Boys, we've been here for less than two minutes, and you are already making me regret tagging along. Tony, stop being rude, and Bucky, you didn't have to bring in all the luggage at once. You can make more than one trip."