Chapter 26

The room was dead silent. No one knew what to think. No one knew what to say. The entire ride over to the apartment all the Avengers could think about is how to tell her who they are. They didn't know how to tell her that they were her family and she was taken from them when she was three years old. How do you explain that to someone?

The entire time they thought they were going to have to spend weeks explaining who they all are and everything that happened but she already knew. How long has she remembered them? How long did she plan to keep that from them and why did she decide to tell them the truth now?

"I'm sorry, what?" Peter looks at her in shock. The last week or so has been awful for him. From his 'dead' sister's eighteenth birthday, coming back to their old lake house, falling through the deck, getting shot at by hunters, getting kidnapped by Hydra, and then getting rescued from Hydra's hold to find out the girl who was taken with him and was still being held was his lost sister. They're the type of things people write shitty books about. Now his sister, who he believed had no idea who he or the rest of his family was, is standing in front of him with an unreadable look on her face and telling him she remembers who they are.

Y/N takes a deep breath before turning her gaze toward Peter, "I remember who you are..."

"You remember?" Peter whispers loud enough for her to hear. His brain almost can't process the words she's saying. Part of him wants to throw himself at her and pull her into the reuniting hug he's dreamed of every day since she was taken and part of him doesn't think he can move from his spot on the floor because the weight of everything is holding him down.

"I, um, I don't remember everything but I remember enough. I remember that the bear that I've had with me all these years was given to me by Thor. I remember bits and pieces of staying at a lake house and watching the stars at night. I remember I made some friendship bracelet with Nat and Wanda but I gave it to another girl who was being experimented on by Hydra. She didn't have anyone and I gave it to her so she'd remember that she has me. I remember some other things as well but they are very blurry and I'm sure if they're real or not." Y/N explains, playing with her fingers to avoid all of the Avenger's gazes.

The room is once again silent at her confession. While the Avengers are trying to figure out their own emotions, Stiles and Noah are trying to figure their own out as well. Her confession might not mean much to the rest of the pack but it cuts deep for them. Here Y/N is admitting that she remembers her old family and admitting that she has several memories of them. What does this mean for them?

When Stiles saw her name on the Deadpool with the last name Stark, he knew that this conversation was inevitable. He knows he shouldn't have been but when she told them at the distillery that she didn't know anything, he was so happy. He thought that if she didn't know anything, there was a zero percent chance that they could ever take her away from Beacon Hills. They would've been strangers to her and they probably would've stayed that way for a long time.

Now they know that she remembers who they are and she has wholesome memories to back it up. She remembers them and he has the feeling they are going to run with that.

Stiles never wanted this to happen because as much as he wants to believe that Y/N would never leave him and their dad, he's never been one hundred percent sure. It's why when he realized who she was on the day of her 'funeral' he swore that he was never going to let her know. It's also when his obsession with them became almost obsolete. Every time he looked at them all he saw was them taking her away.

He blames himself for pointing them out the other day. Even though he hasn't kept up with them as fiercely as he used to, he was still obsessed with them at one point and of course, he just had to freak out about them.