Chapter 7

"You'll be fine. It's just a little blood." Peter looks down at Y/N's leg and gags slightly at the black blood dripping down from her wound, "Oh God, that is not normal."

"The bullet was poisoned with wolfsbane. The black blood means that it's poisoning my blood so hurry up before it reaches my heart." She mumbles as loud as she can.

Peter starts to run across the forest as fast as he can without dropping her. He slows down as he approaches a black Camaro parked outside of an old charred house.

"Is this your car?"

Y/N winces as she digs in her jacket pocket for the keys, "It's my boyfriend's. My car is currently getting work done."

"Unlock the car so we can get out of here," Peter states as he walks over to the passenger side.

"Um, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" He looks down at her with a confused look on his face.

"I mean why are you bringing me over to the passenger side?" She replies.

"What do you mean?!" Peter exclaims, "I'm trying to put you in the car so I can drive you to wherever."

"Are you crazy?! Derek would kill me if I let some stranger drive his car! I'm barely allowed to drive it!"

"You just told me you were going to die soon and now you want to drive?! The longer we argue about this, the slower we can get you help. Hand me the keys."

Y/N sighs before dropping the keys into Peter's open hand. He smiles in victory as he unlocks the car, opening the passenger door, and gently placing Y/N down into the seat. He closes the car door before running around to the driver's side.

"Now, I'll be honest with you," Peter starts as he slides into the driver's seat, "I have a license but I never actually drive."

"Oh God," Y/N groans out, buckling herself in, "I'm going to die before the poison has a chance to kill me."

Peter grins as he starts the Camaro, "We'll be fine." After putting the car in drive, it lurches forward as he puts some pressure on the gas.

"You're right. We'll get to Deaton in one piece, he'll fix me up, then Derek will kill me if there is so much as a scratch on his car." She mumbles out as she tightens her seatbelt.

Peter speeds along on the forest road before coming to a stop at the main road, "Where am I going?"

"Take a left and keep going. The vet's office will be on your right. You're looking for Beacon Hills Animal Clinic."

Y/N groans out in pain as she tumbles into the passenger door as Peter turns sharply to the left, "Sorry!"

He speeds down the road toward the animal clinic. He knows he's going over the speed limit but he can't seem to care. Y/N is tightening the shirt wrapped around her thigh in hopes of slowing down the poison. The black blood seems to be slowing down but she knows it's not enough.

Peter almost drives into the clinic as he pulls into the driveway. He parks the Camaro right outside the front door before jumping out of the car. Y/N already opened her door by the time Peter ran around the car to get her.

"You're a shit driver," she groans as Peter picks her back up into his arms.

"I'm just glad we didn't get pulled over." He replies, closing the passenger door with his foot.

"My dad's the sheriff. We would've been fine."

"I wasn't worried about a speeding ticket. My dad's a billionaire. I'm talking about the fact I don't have my license on me and I had a girl with a gunshot wound in her leg in the passenger seat."