Chapter 33

"So, what do we do?" Peter asks.

"We need to leave," Tony states, while, at the same time, Derek says, "We need to get the others."

"Leave?" Scott looks at Tony with a confused look.

"You said there's an army gathering outside of town and they've put a target on Y/N's head. We're leaving." The Avengers nod their heads in agreement around Tony.

Y/N steps in front of Derek, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm not the only one with a target on my head."

"Yes, but you are the one with the biggest one. We just got you back and we still haven't been able to do anything about that. We've barely even spoken. We all thought you were dead for years."

"Look, I get where you're coming from but I'm not leaving. Leaving won't do anything and it will only make it worse. I'd rather people think I'm a monster because I'm a werewolf than think I'm a monster because I ran and hid while innocent people got slaughtered."

Tony knows that the look of defiance on her face means she's not going anywhere, "Fine. We better ge–"

"No," Scott cuts him off. "We're in charge here."

"Excuse me?"

"I know you're the big Avengers and everything but we deal with this stuff all the time. Beacon Hills is our home so we're in charge."

"No offense but how old are you? We might not be experts on werewolves or hunters, but we've dealt with much worse. This isn't our home like it is yours but we know how to deal with things like this."

"Right, like how you dealt with the killer robot you created? Maybe we should ask the people of Sokovia to tell us how well you helped them?" Stiles looks at Tony with a slight smirk on his face.

"We don't have time for this!" Y/N interjects. "I'm in charge and that's final."

Tony looks like he wants to argue but decides against it. She's right, they don't have time to argue about who knows better. If people are getting ready to attack them, they need to focus on that and not on petty things.

"What do you want us to do?" Steve asks after Tony doesn't say anything.

"Stiles, you said we have two hours, right?"

"Right," Stiles affirms.

"Call Chris and put him on speaker."

Stiles quickly opens his phone and clicks on Chris's number before putting his phone on speaker. Everyone stares at the phone silently as they wait for Chris to answer. Y/N slightly paces back and forth as she thinks about what she wants to do.

"Hello?" Chris's voice rings out.

"Chris, you told Stiles that they're gathering outside of town. Where?"

"There's a safehouse about ten miles north of town. It's deep into the woods where no one can find it."

"But you know where it is?"

"Of course."

"Meet us at the old Hale house in 30 minutes. Bring whatever you got. We're bringing the fight to them." Y/N looks up at Derek for reassurance that she's making the right call.

"There's something else," Chris states.

"What?" Scott quickly asks, moving closer to the phone.

"It's not just hunters she's recruited. She's recruited something else as well. I don't know how she found it or if it found her but she has an Anuk-Ite."

"What the hell is that? Is that some kind of weapon?" Stiles questions.

"It's an ancient shapeshifter that feeds off fear. It's already merged which means it's in its most dangerous form. Whatever you do, don't look at it in the eyes. If you look into it's eyes you will turn into stone and die. For humans, you would die immediately, but if you're supernatural you can survive long enough until someone kills it."