e l e v e n

SANDY COVE HAS one bar in the entire town

Sat in the center of the town itself, alongside the other shops and businesses, it is the only place that remains open so late. The life of the town nightlife people call it, where a lot of the out of towners come for a good time and where the locals come to hook up with out-of-towners. Any nightclubs or a more exciting nightlife existed outside of the town. Somewhere most of the younger locals go to for a good time.

Growing up here made it impossible to get into the bar or drink underage, since everyone knew how old you were. Even now, at twenty-three, when I walked into the bar earlier in the night, I passed the locals who knew me when I was a kid and watched me grow up. That's why most of the time we all snuck to the other town with fake IDs, and I'm sure that's what the teenagers do now as well.

Leaning my elbows on the bar behind me, I look around the newly renovated bar. For the third time since I've lived here, it's been bought by many town's people, recently from one guy I went to school with whom wanted to revamp it and make it a place for the younger locals and the older ones. He succeeded, considering it was nearing one in the morning and the bar is filled with younger people in town as the older residents have cleared out.

A DJ plays in the corner of the bar, with people already have cleared space and dancing in the middle. Including Gabi and Thalia. I can't help but snicker as I see Gabi dancing without tiring. Meanwhile, Thalia looks like she has no idea what she got herself into dancing with her. My eyes can't help but drop to the satin dress covering Thalia's body, which sways as she dances yet clings to her upper body.

Her gaze flickers my way just as I feel a tap on my shoulder. Taking my eyes off her I turn seeing, Jake, the owner of the bar, placing the tray of drinks down, that also have shots on the tray. Thanking him, I bring the tray towards me.

In my peripheral vision, Thalia comes into view, leaning her hip against the bar before she grabs a shot glass and throws it back. Raising my eyebrow at her as she places the empty glass back, she pulls her hair away from the back of her neck.

"Well, you're now a shot ahead of the rest of us," I tell her, before flagging down Jake for another shot to replace the one she had.

She shoots me a small glare before fanning herself. Clearly warm from the atmosphere, the dancing, and the drinking. "Does that girl ever stop dancing?"

A smirk plays at my lips before I shake my head. "Gabi is a profound social dancer. Everyone usually taps out dancing with her by now."

She mumbles, "thanks for the warning."

"Don't tell me you don't enjoy dancing, too? I'm going to think there isn't much you like," I say before doing a little dance that could be considered 'dad dancing'.

She eyes my dancing and shakes her head, a small smile tilting at the side of her mouth. "You're a dork."

I feign hurt. "I embrace that statement. What's wrong with my dance moves?"