twenty

chapter twenty

chapter twenty

Conrads pov:

We had just pulled up to the deb ball in some fucking fancy ass limo. Jere and the moms were all dressed up, but Jack, Steven and I had to get ready inside the event thing. Jere and I have linked arms on either side of our mom; Jack linked with Mim and Steven with Laurel.

"Look at us; it's perfect," my mom smiled. She had faint tears in her eyes.

"Mom, you're not gonna cry, are you?" Jere said.

"What and ruin my makeup, no way." "It's just; everything's going to be different next year. The big three are off to college. (by that, she means May, Jack and me) It may be the last summer we have all together." I knew exactly what she meant. She wasn't talking about how we were off to college. She was talking about herself.

"Just don't forget, I get to dance with you tonight," Jere smiled. My mom and Jere started dancing around when my mom became faint and stumbled.

"Oh mom, are you okay."

"Yeah, no, I just uh, it's been way too long since I danced I must be out of practice," she sighed. When's she going to tell us? She's getting worse.

"Hey, let's go inside," I suggested, taking her arm and leading her into the venue.

Mays pov:

Everyone was dressed and ready for the ball. I'd helped Belly by doing her hair and makeup as well as my own. She looked absolutely beautiful. The simple dress she chose out at the store screamed Belly and just suited her so well. I did her makeup simple and did her hair in a cute bun braid which I knew she liked.

"Belly, you look amazing," I complimented one more time, handing her the pearl crown she was going to wear. She was already in her dress but I was still in the outfit I wore here.

"I feel beautiful," she said. She was smiling at herself in the mirror as I touched up her makeup.

"B, stop helping me, you have to get changed," she laughed.

"Okay okay. I just cant get over how amazing you look." I went to the little changing room in the back and threw off my clothes and then sliding on the white dress I picked out, trying my hardest not to get it covered in makeup. I then put on my white heels and touched up some final bits of my hair and makeup. Normally deb sisters don't dance on the night but i wanted to be there for Belly.