thirteen

chapter thirteen 

chapter thirteen 

I was standing next to the front door of the practice ballroom hall, signing off people's name's that came in. I watched as Belly and Cam laughed at every little mistake they made. They were so cute together. My brother and Nicole were falling in love, you could see it from just watching what they did and how they talked. 

Belly was wearing a blue and white plaid dress with her white gloves and I was wearing a little pink and white dress with different flowers on it, also with my silky white gloves. 

Everyone had a deb date here, except me. Even though I was the big sister and didn't have to do much today, I still worried about who I was going to ask. I really wanted to ask Conrad but I didn't know if he'd want to go after everything and he went last year. But I didn't have that much time to ask someone. If I couldn't find anyone, Jere said he would take me so at least I have a backup plan. sorry, jere :)

Everyone was waiting for the dance lessons to start so I decided to quickly text Conrad. I pulled out my phone and opened our chat, staring at all the letters on the keyboard. 

What do I say? Goodmorning Conrad? no that's way too formal. Hey? too bland. How about, Morning Connie :)? Yeah perfect. As I hit send, Ms Covington entered the room with Paige. 

"Attention everyone, please welcome our debutant waltz instructor, Ms Covington," Paige announced. 

"Thank you, Paige, as you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated art of the ball, so please join your partners now," Ms Covington announced. 

God, when does she stop? She said the same thing last year. I hope Belly doesn't get pulled into being a big sis. 

Conrad's pov

I woke up from the bright light coming through my window, sitting up slowly with a small headache from what I drank last night. 

As I came into reality, I thought about what happened last night and couldn't help but softly smile to myself, brushing my fingers through the front of my messy hair. I was in a really good mood today.

I hopped out of bed and walked over to my desk which had my phone on it. I picked it up and smiled as I saw a text from B saying, Morning Connie :) 

I went into our chat and started figuring out what to reply with but decided on Morning B :) just to match her energy. 

I put my phone down, took off my shirt and started to get changed for the day, throwing on a white t-shirt and grey sweat shorts. 

After I finished changing I walked to May's room, knocking on the door a few times and calling out her name. But there was no response, "B?" I called, opening her bedroom door but no one was inside. I let out a sigh before leaving her room to go get coffee. 

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a mug and I started to fill it up when Jere came into the kitchen, also grabbing a mug. 

"Morning," I smiled.