seven

chapter seven 

chapter seven 

"Where the fuck could she be Jack?" 

"I don't know Jere. Oh go get Conrad, we're doing presents."

Suddenly, the door to Connie's room busted open making Conrad and I spring up from the loud noise that woke us up. 

"Found her Jack!" Jere yelled. 

I groaned, digging my head into Conrad's chest, blocking out the yelling. Jack came running to Conrad's room. 

"Woah what's going on?" My brother quickly questioned. 

"Fell asleep watching a movie," Conrad groaned. 

"Alright then. Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!" Jere screamed, running towards the bed and jumping on top of me. 

"yeah yeah ok," I replied. I honestly hated my birthday. I couldn't even call it MY birthday because I shared it with my fucking brother. 

"We'll be down in a sec," Conrad said which Jack and Jere agreed to and they left the bedroom. 

"Happy birthday b," he smiled, lifting my head from his chest using his fingers under my chin. 

"Thanks Connie," I smiled back. 

"Let's get downstairs." 

Conrad and I got out of bed and walked downstairs where I was greeted with happy birthdays by everyone and huge hugs from everyone. I then walked up to my twin brother and we did our handshake we have stuck with since we were 5. I pulled him into the tightest hug, "happy birthday J." "Happy birthday B." The moms started 'awwing' which made us back out of the hug and sit in the two couch seats in the living room. Every year, we got different people giving us gifts so that people wouldn't spend too much money. 'Our mom's idea.' This year I had Belly, Conrad and Anna as well as my mom. Jack and I could never be fucked to get each other gifts. 

First, jack opened his presents from Steven, Jeremiah and Laurel and now it was my turn. 

"Open mine first sweetie!" Sussanah said, handing me a small box. 

I carefully unravelled the ribbon and open the box to see a beautiful gold bracelet with fine detailing. It was beautiful. 

"My mom gave it to me when I turned 18, I hope you like it," she smiled. 

"God Anna I love it! it's beautiful," I said running to give her a hug. I tried not to cry. What if her sickness is the reason she's giving me this. Does she want me to remember her?