two

chapter two 

chapter two 

After I unpacked, it was time for dinner. Belly and I had spent the past hour, catching each other up on all the things that have happened in the past year. First-night dinner was always my favourite, we all had something to catch up on. 

We all sat around the table, fixing different foods onto our plates and digging in. I was sitting in between Belly and Jere and across from Connie. 

"When are you leaving for training camp man?" steven asked Conrad. 

I watched as Conrad's smile quickly disappeared from his face. What the fuck just happened? 

"Uh he quit football," Jere huffed, shoving another spoonful of food into his mouth. 

I was shocked, "Did you actually?" 

"Uh yeah," Conrad replied. 

I swore Connie loved football, he would never stop talking about it and always wanted me to throw the football with him. 

"It got boring," he said. 

"What he means is, he got boring," Jeremiah said.

"He can always change his mind," anna stated. 

"Mom I'm not changing my mind ok?" Conrad said, slightly raising his voice. 

"Well if you're not playing football, what are you going to do all summer?" laurel asked. 

"Oh dude you can work at the country club with us," Jack suggested. 

"Yeah with Steven, Jack and I," Jere continued. 

"No way in hell am I working at the club," Conrad said. 

"Wait you guys are working this summer?" belly asked. 

"Yeah I'm lifeguarding with jack and steven is working at the snack shop," Jere smiled.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot, these are for my precious girls," anna smiled, handing belly and I small envelopes. 

We both opened them and read them. Fuck me. The fucking deb ball are you kidding. I don't want to spend my summer practising to be a 'lady'. I'd rather be hooking with guys and partying what the fuck is this. 

"Invitations to the deb ball?" belly questioned. 

"It's up to you guys but I think it would be so cute to see you in white dresses," anna smiled. It's hard to say no to such a calming smile. 

"We'll think about it," I smiled fakely. 

-------------------------------------------

After dinner, we all went up to our rooms to get ready for the bonfire. Belly was going to stay home and watch movies with the moms. I felt bad for her and a part of me wanted to stay home with her but I mean she can come if she really wanted. 

I dug through my wardrobe and picked out a tight, short, green dress that hugged my body perfectly. I was aiming to hook with at least one guy tonight. 

After getting changed and applying makeup, I opened my zip lock bag which was filled with pre-rolled joints and shoved a few cigs and joints into my bra before sneaking outside to sit in the cubby house. 

When we were younger, we all begged our dads to make us a big cubby house in which we could all play in it. We didn't use it much now but I've been using it as a smoke spot. It was 2 story's and was hidden out the back so I could smoke without the moms finding out. 

I had just finished smoking my first joint and lit up my second one, taking a large hit, looking out to the beach which you could see from the 2nd story. 

It was peaceful and quiet until I heard someone open the cubby house door. fuck. 

"Fuck who's smoking in here?" a voice asked. fucking hell it was Connie. 

"Connie I'm up here," I answered. 

I heard footsteps make their way up the stairs and watched as Conrad's head popped into view. 

"You smoke weed?" he asked, confused. 

I nodded, scared of what his response would be to that. 

"thank fuck someone else smokes around here," he laughed. 

"I thought you were gonna get mad, thank god," I sighed in relief. 

My eye line followed him as he came and sat next to me. 

"I never would have picked you for someone to smoke weed b." 

"Says the guy who always said weed ruins your brain," I chuckled, taking another large hit from my joint before having it snatched out of my hand. 

"What the fuck fisher," I huffed, watching him take a long hit before snatching it back from him. 

"You look good b," he smiled. I swear his smile was contagious. 

"Thanks." 

By now I was high, I mean 2 joints of strong shit can do that. Conrad and I were catching up on stuff when we heard giggles and people burst into the cubby house. 

"I swear to god if you guys are doing something up there please stop because we are coming up," Steven laughed. 

"Fuck it reeks of weed in here," Jack stated. 

Conrad and I burst out laughing as the high took over our bodies. I had to close my eyes I was laughing so hard. As I opened my eyes again, still laughing, I found my head rested in Conrad's lap and his head was rested on my back. I took a deep breath, calming myself down and lifted my head off his lap when I saw three heads staring at the two of us from the stairs. 

"Guys they both have pants on, we are good," Steven said. 

"What did you guys think we were doing?" Conrad laughed. 

"Fucking? I don't know?" Jack stated, 

"Guys come on we're going to the bonfire now," Jere said, offering me a hand which I accepted.

He started pulling me down the stairs at a quick pace so we were in front of the others. 

"Please don't tell me you guys did anything," he asked. 

"You're too funny jere." 

"No seriously." oh god he's not joking around. 

"Jere that's Connie your talking about. We were just smoking," I said. 

"Ok phew. But know, if you ever do-" 

"JEREMIAH FISHER!" I laughed. 

"Okay okay. but if you do come tell me I want to hear everything," he laughed. 

"What are you guys laughing about?" jack asked, running up to me and swinging an arm around my shoulder.

"Nothing," we both replied quickly, letting out a small chuckle.