nine

chapter nine

chapter nine

I woke up early in Conrad's bed, he was still asleep beside me but I didn't want to wake him and have to talk about last night, especially this hungover, so I headed to the kitchen where I found Jere. 

"Goodmorning b," he chirped. 

"Morning Jere, you're in a good mood." 

"I guess I am. Breakfast?" he offered. 

"Yeah sure, thanks." 

I sat down at the island bench whilst jere poured me a bowl of lucky charms with milk which I ate quickly. 

"Milk?" he asked. 

I nodded and handed him my bowl. Ever since we were kids, Jere used to always ask to drink the milk out of belly and my empty cereal bowls. I guess it's now just something he does. 

"Hey, why don't we go get some of the good muffins before everyone wakes up." 

"Good idea b, but I'm driving." 

Jere went to grab his keys and we jumped into his car and started driving into town. We had all the windows rolled down and watched as the sun rose over the ocean. As I watched the waves crash I started to overthink about Conrad. Like what if he doesn't even remember last night. What if he thinks it was a mistake. Was it a mistake? 

By now I had come into terms with the fact that I was in love with Conrad, and I always had been. Sussanah always says that either Belly or I would end up with one of her boys but I always thought, no way not me. That will be Belly. But I was wrong.

"What's on your mind b?" Jere asked from the driver's seat, keeping his eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel. 

Do I tell him I'm in love with his brother and he fucked the shit out of me last night? My legs were still sore. I chose to tell him I was in love. He would find out eventually. 

"I think I'm in love with Conrad," I quickly pushed out. 

"I know you are. It's obvious you love him, and he loves you too. Have you told him?"

I didn't think it was that obvious. "Yeah, I guess I kind of told him last night." 

"Were you drunk?" 

"tipsy, but so was he." 

"who said it first?" 

"He did."