three

chapter three

chapter three

After a short drive, we arrived at the bonfire. People have crowded around with drinks. Some people already hooking up. My high has slightly worn off, I was still just a bit giggly.

We hopped out of the car and Jere and I headed over to the drink section. I fixed myself a drink of random shit I found and sat down next to the bonfire. Steven was talking to a girl I'd never seen before, Jere was talking to a group of people with Jack, and Conrad was grabbing a drink. We made eye contact and I nodded for him to come over when I was interrupted by a familiar face.

"Hey May," he smiled.

"Oh hey josh," I replied. He sat down next to me, placing a hand on my thigh. I little quick to the point but you know.

"Who are you?" Someone asked.

We both turned our heads to see Conrad, I sent him a soft smile.

"Who the fuck are you?" Josh asked back.

"I'm Conrad. You are?"

"Fuck so I'm getting with another slut," josh laughed, removing his hand from my thigh and quickly standing up.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" I snapped.

"Do you need me to spell it out?" he questioned. 

"Don't fucking talk to her like that," Conrad said sternly. 

"What are you gonna do?" josh laughed. 

By now, half the people at the bonfire were watching us, it didn't help that Conrad, josh and I were all drunk. Suddenly, Conrad swung a punch at Josh, hitting him across the face. Josh tried to throw one back but ended up hitting his elbow into my lip, making me fall to the floor. 

"B ARE YOU OK!?" Conrad yelled before getting thrown to the ground but he got himself on top of josh and started beating him up. 

"May! May!" belly yelled running up to me. "Are you okay? what happened?"

"I'm fine. When did you get here Belly?" I asked. 

"Like an hour ago. what happen-,"

"COPS! COPS ARE HERE!" People yelled. 

I quickly jumped up, holding belly's hand in one of mine and sprinting towards Jere's car. 

We all met in Jere's car. Jere and belly in the front with jack, Conrad and I in the back. 

I was bombarded with "b are you okay's" but the only one that seemed to matter was Conrads. He had one hand placed on the side of my face as he inspected my bleeding lip. 

"I'm okay. are you?" I replied, hiding the soft blush which was showing in my cheeks. 

what the fuck. why am I blushing over Conrad? I'm drunk. It's because I'm drunk.