sixteen

chapter sixteen 

chapter sixteen 

We had just finished setting everything up for the tournament and it was about to start. Conrad was being weirdly clingy around me. His hand was snaked around my waist the whole time and he kept randomly kissing me. 

He was about to kiss me again when I stopped him and turned around to see who he was death staring at. Turns out it was a boy I'd seen at the club before. I think his name was Louis but I don't remember. He was staring at me, especially at my ass. It seems to be that Conrad is actually jealous. I turned back around and Conrad was staring at me. 

I went up on my tippy toes and brought my mouth to his ear, "Connies don't be jealous, it's not his fault my ass is this fat," I whispered. 

I leaned away before placing a soft kiss on his cheek, earning a smile from him. 

"Your ass is actually huge though," he laughed, smacking my ass. 

I laughed back it him before I heard Sussanah start speaking into the microphone, "Good afternoon, I'm Sussanah Fisher, chair of the clubs community service board, and I am delighted to welcome you to play it forward!...... and with that, let the games begin!" 

"The trophy is going to be ours connie," I said. 

"Watch out for those two, their spike is lethal," he smiled, pointing to the two girls in the blue shirts standing across from us. 

-------------------------------------------

(a/n: I don't know shit about beach volleyball so this might be completely shit xoxo) 

Conrad and I went on our sides of the net to get ready for our first match. Our first competitors were red team, team chips and guac. I really wasn't scared because they were a team of literal old men so connie and I had this in the bag. 

"wow I'm really scared of this team," I smiled whilst fake shaking. 

Conrad replied with a laugh and dabbed me up, then returning to his spot, ready to play. I was serving so I lined up and got ready. 

"You got this B!" I heard Jere call from the side lines. 

I smiled to myself and served the ball.

Like expected, we totally slayed the first game. Winning by a lot. We took a break and watched team belly and the other teams play, trying to find their weaknesses. 

-- small time skip 

Again, like expected, we had won every game. Even against those girls with the 'lethal spike'. Now it was time for finals, and Connie and I were up against team Belly. Belly and Cam Cameron. I might not seem like a sporty person but when it between winning or loosing, I suddenly become very sporty. I almost felt bad for Belly because I knew Conrad and I had this and she's like a little sister to me. Pfft who cares. Sorry Bell. 

"Hey we got this B." Conrad had this big cheesy grin on his face like he was trying to make sure I didn't get too mad if we lost. 

"I know." 

We were winning so far, 19-20 but thats only 1 point. It was the closest game this tournament by far. I didn't know the scores would be this close so I started to get a bit worried. Connie kept flashing me a soft smile every time they got a point which was making everything a little better. If we get the next point, we win, so it's all or nothing. 

Conrad was serving, he hit the ball over and belly hit it back, I set the ball to Conrad and he set it back. This was it, the is where I use my spike. I spiked the ball over the net, Belly took a dive but it hit the ground just before she could hit it back over the net. 

We had won! 

"YES B!" Conrad yelled. I could hear everyone cheering from the sides. 

He ran over to me and picked me up into a big hug. After he set me back down, he placed a big sloppy kiss on my lips before pulling me back into another hug. 

"Conrad," I whispered. 

"yeah b?" 

"The moms." We completely forgot about the moms and how they just saw us sloppy kiss. We hadn't told them anything, not that there's much to tell them because we're not dating but you know. I'm sure they suspected something but I don't want all the "use protection" from my mom. 

"And the winners are May Barron and Conrad Fisher!" Anna announced. 

"It's fine just say it was in the moment so they don't go ape shit about the sleeping in same room stuff," he whispered back. 

authors note:

small chapter but I hope you guys are enjoying this book! 

sorry I took such a long break I've been going through some shit