eleven

chapter eleven 

chapter eleven 

I was sitting on an aired-up pool floatie with Jere on the beach, surrounded by all the kids from the party. It was late afternoon and we wanted to escape all the half-drunk parents and get drunk ourselves on the beach. 

Belly then approached with a pitcher full of strong margarita and some glasses, "Hey guys, I got the drinks," she slurred. She then came and sat down in another floatie which was only half-inflated. 

I poured a cup for Jere and me and sat myself in between his legs, allowing his stomach to hold up my back. 

Conrad walked up to us with Cam next to him, "Belly, Cam's here." He looked over at Jere and me, scoffing and going to sit in a beach chair next to Jack. 

"Yo Conrad slow down it's not a race," Jack laughed, watching as Con chugged his drink. 

"What if it was a race?" Belly suggested. 

"I mean why not? it's the fourth of July," I replied. 

"Fuck it, let's do it," Jere cheered. 

We put a plastic cup in the centre of the small table and took turns flicking coins into it and if you missed, you had to drink. 

Jeremiah flicked the coin and missed it, "fuck."

"Drink up pretty boy," Gigi laughed, flicking the coin but also missing. I heard her curse under her breath. 

"Oh, hey. Gigi. Drink," Jere laughed. They both tipped their cups up and began chugging the drink. 

It was my turn again, but this time, up against Conrad. There was a lot of tension in the air and I think everyone could feel it. I squinted my eyes, trying to get my tipsy mind to focus on the cup. I flicked the coin and it rolled around the brim before falling onto the table. 

"Fuck me," I groaned, throwing my head back to let my drink slide down my throat. 

Conrad then threw the coin, and it went right into the cup, "Drink up again B." I mean he said one sentence to me. That's an improvement.

I chugged another drink before sitting myself back in Jere's lap to continue watching the group play the drinking game. 

-------------------------------------------

We had left the beach and everyone was off doing their own things. Cam, Belly and the other deb girls were down on the boat dock, Steven and Jack were doing who knows what and Conrad and Jeremiah were playing football with their dad. 

Everyone had things to do but me, so I decided to get into my swimsuit and go to the beach for a swim. 

I got into a tiny bright pink bikini and grabbed a towel before heading down to the beach. I went for a small swim and spent the rest of my time lying on the beach tanning, and drinking. Even though I felt alone, it was relaxing.