nineteen

chapter nineteen 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter nineteen 

I woke up from the bright light that was shining through my window and a raging headache. 

"Fuck," I groaned, rubbing my eyes to try and adjust to the light. 

"Morning, b." I fully opened my eyes to see a smiley Conrad playing with my hair.  

"morning Connie." 

"Are you excited for the deb ball today?" fuck. I forgot about the deb ball, and I haven't asked Conrad to go with me yet. 

"Yeah, about that." well, it's now, or I go alone. "I've been putting off asking, and I'm sorry for the late notice, but can you come with me?" 

"I'm already going." 

"No, I mean like, fuck, sorry, as my date?" I don't know why I was so nervous to ask. I'm just not great at these things. 

He let out a soft laugh like, for some reason, he thought this was funny. "I knew what you meant, I just wanted you to say it." 

"Fuck you." 

"You already did. twice." 

I let out a small laugh and leaned in, giving him a small kiss on the lips. 

"Why don't we get the others up and go for a swim? Belly and I don't have to leave until 3," I suggested. Summer was nearly over, and I wouldn't see Belly and Steven for ages. Luckily the Fishers live close to us, so we see them a lot, but it's always better in Cousins. 

"Good idea." Conrad sprung out of bed and yanked me with him. We went around and knocked on all of the doors and told them to put bathers on. 

After everyone was ready, we went downstairs to grab towels and say bye to the moms, but when we were about to leave, they asked Conrad and me to stay behind. I knew what we were in for. They would want the full rundown of what's going on between us. 

"So," my mom started. 

"So," Conrad and I responded. 

"What's going on between you two?" She said. I knew it. 

Conrad and I exchanged a weird look, and he started speaking, "What do you mean?" 

"You know what I mean." 

"Mim, stop interrogating them. She means we saw the kiss and were wondering what's going on," Laurel smiled. 

"No, Mim's right; we want to know everything," Anna demanded. 

"Have you guys had sex?" My mom pushed in. 

"MOM!" I cringed. this was death. Conrad was laughing at my reaction. 

"Don't laugh, Conrad. This is serious," Anna spoke. "I hope I don't need to remind you to wear a condom, young boy." 

"MOM, STOP," he groaned. Now I was laughing at him. 

"In all seriousness, stay safe. We don't need little baby fisher x Barrons running around, alright? How long has this been going on for and-." The moms kept going on and on and on. I really thought it would never stop. 

I moved my vision from the moms to behind them to see Jere, Belly, Steven and Jack all making kissy and moaning faces, and I couldn't contain my laugh anymore, and neither could Conrad. We both started bursting out in laugher, and when the moms turned around to see what we were looking at, we decided to make a run for it. We ran as fast as we could out of the house and started running even faster when we caught up with the others. 

When we finally got to the beach, we all flopped down on the sand, out of breath from the running and laughing. 

"That was fucking hell," Conrad breathed out. 

"What were they going on about?" Belly laughed. 

"How we need to wear a condom and be safe, blah blah blah," I chuckled. 

"EW, STOP PLEASE JUST STOP!" jack cringed, covering his ears. 

"Oh, get over yourself, jack," I laughed. 

-------------------------------------------

All of us had been mucking around at the beach for a few hours now, and belly and I needed to get back and shower, so we packed up our stuff and went back to the house. 

When we got home, I ran straight to the shower and washed my body and hair before hopping out and throwing on some shorts and a top. I got my makeup bag and hair stuff and chucked them into another bag on my bed so I could take it to the green room. 

After everything was ready, I went downstairs to get some breakfast, where everyone was already besides Conrad and the moms. 

"Smoothie may?" Jere offered, holding out a bright pink smoothie. 

"Thank you Jere," I said, taking the glass from his hand. "Wheres Connie?" 

"Right here." I felt his arms wrap around me from behind, and he placed a box on the table. "Got you some of those good muffins," he smiled. 

I turned around to face him, "Thanks," I smiled, leaning in to give him a kiss. 

"You guys are actually disgusting," jack scoffed, pretending to gag. 

I felt like pissing him off, so I continued to kiss Conrad, almost turning the small kiss into a makeout session. 

"Okay, ew, that's enough, stop," Steven gagged. 

I let out a small laugh into the kiss and pulled away from him. 

"Hey, Belly and I have to get going, but I'll see you all later, okay?" I announced. 

"Bye guys!" everyone called out to us as we walked out of the kitchen. 

"Wait, b! one more," Conrad smiled, leaning in to give me another kiss. "see you soon." 

"bye, connie," i smiled.