- c h a p t e r - s e v e n t e e n -

Gemma was flopped over the side of the couch, trying to stop the stitches in her side from flaring up.

   She honestly felt like she was gonna die, but she would be fine.

   As soon as Fred and George stopped trying to tickle her, which was the first time they had done something normal with her in a long time.

   Hermione, Ron, and Harry had disappeared to send a letter to Sirius, while Gemma had tried to escape the hands of the rest of the Weasleys. Which she did to some extent.

   Ginny was currently threatening the twins with a hex she had been working on, so Gemma was free at the moment.

   She had just closed her eyes when Harry plopped down by her head, making her whole body bounce and her choke on her own spit.

   "HARRY!" She coughed as she sat up, trying not to die in the stupidest way known to man.

   He laughed at her before passing over a fork and holding a plate of food between them, "Enjoy!"

   She gave him a playful glare before she started to share the food with her best friend.

   She let him have most of it, though, seeing his eyes glimmer at the sight of the golden brown potatoes and meat.

   Ron and Hermione quickly joined them, all of them chattering about the dragon and the tournament until Lee Jordan interrupted, picking up the golden egg that was at the teenagers' feet.

   "Blimey, this is heavy," He cried. "Open it, Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!"

   Harry passed Gemma the plate, and she took a bite as Hermione quickly retorted, "He's supposed to work out the clue on his own. It's in the tournament rules..."

   "I was supposed to work out how to get past the dragon on my own, too," Harry muttered to her and Gemma, and the two girls grinned sheepishly at one another.

   "Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!" More and more people started to cry.

   Harry took the egg from Lee and ran his fingers over the surface until he found a groove that ran around it and pried it open.

   Gemma blinked in confusion at the sight of the empty egg, but she gave a shout of pain and shock as a terrible screeching noise filled the air.

   It. Was. Agonising.

  "Shut it!" Fred shouted his hands over his ears.

   Harry quickly slammed it shut, and everyone stared at it for a second before Seamus stammered, "W-What was that? Sounded like a banshee...Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry!"

   "It was someone being tortured!" Neville shook his head, his face pale. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"

   "Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal," George shot back, rolling his eyes. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing...maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

   Gemma laughed at that as Fred offered her something, "Want a jam tart, Gem?"

   She was about to take one when Hermione cleared her throat, making the two look at her.

   Fred grinned, "It's all right. I haven't done anything to them. It's the custard creams you've got to watch—"

   As if on cue, Neville bit into a custard cream, choked, and spat it out.