Chapter 6

*Sapnap pov*

I was driving home from the party. It was at someome from my old schools house. I was listening to music and honestly felt pretty good. I didn't drink at all which kinda sucked, but I needed to drive myself home. As I was driving I noticed something odd on the bridge. It was a person. They were standing over the railing and staring down at the water. I need to help them. I parked my car on the side of the road and quickly got out.

"Hey!" I exclaimed loudly.

Their head whipped around. I couldn't see their face because of the dark. I began slowly walking towards them.

"Please don't jump!" I yelled.

They were still staring at me. I was getting closer.

"Let me help you." I said.

I was pretty close now.

"Y-You can't help m-me." They stuttered.

That voice. It was oddly familiar.

"Can we please just talk? You don't need to do this." I said.

They looked down at the water below them, then back at me. My heart dropped. Karl was the person on the other side of the railing. Karl was about to end his life.

"K-Karl?" I choked out.

He frowned. I could see the tears running down his cheeks.

"Please don't do this." I said stepping closer.

"S-Stay away f-from m-me." He stuttered.

I was right next to him now. He was breathing heavily and crying. I quickly wrapped an arm around him.

"Please j-just let me g-go." He cried.

I pulled him over the railing and he collapsed on the cement.

"Why? Why couldn't you just fucking let me go." He sobbed.

I wrapped my arms around him, but he pulled away.

"Get the hell off of me!" He sobbed.

He pulled his knees up to his chest and continued sobbing.

"Can I take you home?" I asked.

"I-I don't wanna go home." He said quietly.

"We can go to my house?" I offered.

He stared at me as if he were questioning himself.

"O-Okay." He stuttered.

I stood and offered him my hand. He refused and got up on his own. We walked to my car. I noticed he kept his arms across his chest and had himself practically buried in his hoodie. I got in the driver's seat and he got in the passenger. I started the car and he pulled his knees up to his chest. The car ride was silent for about 10 minutes.

"Your not gonna h-hurt me right?" He asked.

I glanced over at him. He was picking at his finger.

"No?" I replied confused.

He didn't respond. I knew Myles had hit him. Maybe that's what this is about?

"I saw what Myles did." I said.

"I know." He replied.

*Karl pov*

I wish he would stop talking. I didn't want to talk right now.

"He shouldn't hit you Karl. That's wrong." Sapnap said.

I didn't respond. I didn't want to. The rest of the car ride was in silence. I couldn't thank him enough for that. I needed time to think about tonight. What happened between me and Cody. More of what he did to me. I still hadn't fully processed that I had been taken advantage of. It didn't sound right when I said it in my head.