13

*UNEDITED*

"Good morning" I rub my eyes as I face the whole family in the dining room. "Yauwa, come sit, have breakfast ko. Ana will drop you off at home" mama says and I nod then do as told.

I scarf down my food and then make my way back to the room to freshen up.

"Are you done or are you still stalling?" Ana says as she walks into the room and I raise my head to glance at her. "I'm done" I grumble and she nods then makes her way to her bedside table to grab her car keys.

"I'll be waiting," she says and I sigh. "Anaya..." She turns back to me and I pout "I'm sorry... About yesterday, I know you have my best interest at heart, I'm just... I'm sorry" she gives me a small smile and with a roll of the eyes, she mumbles something in her mother tongue before coming over to wrap me in a hug.

"Now come on" she tugs on my arm and I grab my belongings before following her out. "Bye mama" I wave as I have no time to stop for a proper goodbye seeing as Anaya is still dragging me along.

We settle in the car and she plays soft music, as she drives we don't keep a conversation, my focus is on the window, watching the pedestrians pass by and the buildings wiz along while hers is solely on the road. She has always been a focused driver, unlike some people...

Soon enough she pulls up to the front gate and I reach over to press on my thumbprint so the gate slides open.

Immediately Ana pulls up, Mami springs out the door and rushes toward me.

"My baby" she coes as she crushes me to her bosom "I was worried sick, I barely slept a wink. I'm glad you're back" she then pulls away.

"I'm sorry beta" I shake my head "I'm sorry," I say softly and Ana awes.

Our attention snaps to her and she grins "what, this is so sweet" she squeals and pulls us both into a hug.

~

"I'm leaving now" Ana announces and everyone bids her goodbye while I escort her to her car.

"Call and when you get home," I tell her and she rolls her eyes "sure mom" we both share a laugh at that then she gets into her car.  With my thumbprint on a pad on the wall by the front door, I let her out.

"Alina, can I talk to you," Mami asks as she places a hand on my shoulder "please?" I nod at her and she pulled me along.

"I don't like how you said what you said yesterday" she starts as we've settled in my room. "I haven't doomed you to being a troublemaker for the rest of your life, and I spoke out of line, I'm sorry for that" her words barely graze me and so I decide to ask a question that ill probably regret asking

"If it was Ayaan, would you have said what you said?"

She blinks at me

"Honestly" I add

"Honestly? no"

A moment of silence passes before I say another word, and it's in complete anger

"you always do this" I complain and she rolls her eyes "do what?" she asks and I in turn, roll my eyes "putting your kids before me. you said you wouldn't," I tell her and she groans "you're also my child Alina," she says with her face in her hands "you never accepted me,  don't lie to me" I yell and stomp away while she screams my name.

"You can't run from your problems Alina, why don't you be mature for once in your God damned life and at least act your bloody age!" I ignore every word. At this point, I don't know where I intend to go. My keys are in my room.

"Alina Zayd Khalid!"

"What!"

"What the fuck do you even want!" She stomps up to me and in a space of two seconds, she smacks her hand across my face. "Say what you want, but don't you dare_" she waves a finger in my face "_dont you dare, cuss at me, I am not you mate, mind your tone" she steps back just as I raise my eyes to her.

"I don't put anyone before you, even if I do, it's always fair and you know that" I can vividly hear Ayaan saying those same words to me.

"Then explain this. Why would you not say the exact same thing to Ayaan if he was on that call? He is as stubborn as I am and even more of a pain in the ass so tell me if that isn't you favoring him, what is it" I cross my arms over my chest waiting for a suitable answer which she doesn't give.

"Exactly what I thought" I scoff and turn on my heels

"I want things to get better between us Alina but I need you to meet me halfway, I can't do all the work" her voice makes me stop on the spot. She sounds tired and downright broken and as I turn around to meet her gaze, her eyes mirror the exact same thing I heard in her voice.

"She's been trying to build such a relationship between you two but you're not cooperative. She needs a chance that you're not willing to give. She wants you to see her as your mother and her children as your siblings. She's capable of going to any lengths, but she has to be met halfway for it to work"

Aunt Ilham's words ring in my brain and I close my eyes and then take in a deep breath.

I snap my eyes open and I make my way to her. No words are exchanged as I pull her into a hug.

The woman who has done so much for me

The woman who has put up with all my drama

The woman who has shed tears when I fall terribly ill and she doesn't know what to do

The woman who has put everything I wanted in front of me

No, she's not the woman who gave me life

She's the woman who raised me

She deserves so much more than the world could give

Now if only I could tell her that.

She sobs in my arms and my heart wrenches "I just want to be met halfway, don't I deserve that much Alina? Don't I?" I can only nod. "I am sorry if I ever hurt you unknowingly, I'm sorry if I stole your dad or whatever, I'm sorry for whatever you think I'm doing wrong" she pulls back and her next words surprise me

"If you don't want to accept me or my kids as family, don't get in our way. You can live your life as tho we don't exist" she wipes her face and walks in the opposite direction.

I stand in place, stunned.

"Live as tho we don't exist," she says once more.

~

The first chapter I have written completely in a day without any road blocks in a long time people!!!

How was it?

Hope y'all liked it well enough to anticipate the next chapter

Till then mi loves ✌✨