11

*UNEDITED*

"Can't we leave this for another day?" Khair wheezes from my side and I glare at her "you. Shut up" I growl at her and she does.

Okay, I am an overprotective friend. So what? The girl basically has only me as a friend that I am aware of and she lost her mum, she needs someone to make sure she's on the right path

And it's not sweet or out of the goodness of my heart! Yuck

It's just...

I enjoy being intimidating.

Yeah!

"I hope this isn't a regular thing" I squint and he raises a brow "what?" He inquiries "the two of you meeting"

"This is literally the second time ever that we've met face to face" he states and I nod "good. Your job?"

"It's going good, Alhamdulillah. It keeps me very busy, that's why I just can't up and come to see Khair anytime I want"

"Hope you won't be too busy for her when she leaves her life here and travels to live with you" I jab and he cocks his head "it's my law firm, I can stay home any day I please"

"As such you still can't travel to see her" his eyes bore into mine and I return the favor"you are permitted one look for the interval of a brief second. Your time is up" I bark and he slowly drags his gaze from me.

"Staying at home and traveling to a whole other country is different," he says slowly. "Alina, drop it," Khairat said as she finally pried herself from me. With a sigh, I nod and she gives a grateful smile.

"Listen here tho" his eyes snap to mine "if you ever mess up, ever. I will track you down. I don't go to Madina to visit my step-relatives often but I will beg my step mum if I have to just so I can find you and shove an iron rod down your throat till it protrudes from your ass" he gulps

"And, Mr lawyer, I'm sure you know that was a promise, not just a threat" I cock my head, and a single bead of sweat rolls down his forehead.

"For a person who was so sure of himself just moments ago you sure look guilty, Mr lawyer" 

"You're making things up, I'm fine" and he manages to not stutter, splendid.

"Just know that if you get married and you tell her to not call me, I'll find you. If she calls too much, I will board a plane ASAP and. I. Will. Find. You"

"Okay lina, now you're just being creepy" Khair shoves me into the car and closes the door, sadly the window is tinted and he would be oblivious to my glare so I pull out my phone to read my texts.

When am I meeting Khair again?
Anaya~

In due time, or if you're free right now? I'm with her, we could stop by

Hm, I'll be at home in 5
Anaya~

Then we'll see you there.

Khair gets into the car and starts to drive off. "We're gonna go somewhere for a bit. Follow here" I said and Khair gave me a quizzical look, "I thought I was dropping you off?"

"Well, I'm not going to sell you so just... Drive"

"You still have to tell me where we're going," she said and I sigh "my friend, Anaya. I want you to meet her. I haven't seen you interact with anyone so I decided to introduce you to one of my friends. We grew up together"  she pouts then grumbles "I have friends"