Chapter 7 [Crumbling Friendship]

CHAPTER 7 [Crumbling Friendship]

Evelyn’s POV

BAD TRIP! I’m sad, angry, regretting, sick, dizzy, stupid and a spineless coward! Today was total crap!

When I woke up, I was still tired, like I didn’t sleep at all. My temples are pounding with each beat of my drumming heart, sending a stabbing pain on both. I’m so warm, Lyka said I was burning hot when she checked my temperature. Everybody around me became worried of my fever. My voice became boyish and hoarse. With each cough, I feel like my throat will pop! I couldn’t talk! I looked so wasted and pathetic.

The simple words of NATHAN.LETTER.TALK.FRIENDSHIP couldn’t be done even when everything was laid out! Ugh… why?! Why am I being such a wimp? I thought I was the girl who knows how to shoot guns, martial arts, run marathons, crazy daredevil, go-getter and intelligent writer?! What’s the fear that pulling me away?!

Next day…

Aww… Mathew gave me a rose because of our P.E. test. So people kept teasing us… it gets annoying but hey, who cares about them? It’s my first time to receive a rose from a non relative. Anyway we scored perfect on our Jazz practical test! Yay!

Well, the rest of the day was horrible. Nathan’s a total jerk and when I came out of my classroom for our recess break I saw Ashley borrow Nathan’s jacket! What. The. Hell.

I don’t know how to feel. I didn’t know what I should say. What I should react. All I knew is that a blinding rage is building up inside me. I feel like I’m going to cry. My chest is in pain again. I could feel my stomach turning. I feel like I’m going to puke. Regret filled me up again. I’m wrapped in anger, confusion, hurt, betrayal, disgust, sadness and frustration!I’m so mad and I don’t know why!

I ignored Ashley that time. I even insulted her sharp “Fuck”. I am so irritated! I keep seeing him every damn turn I make! Seriously! Not even an hour can pass without me seeing his ugly face! At dismissal time, me and Ashley had a heart-to-heart talk. She says I changed; I’m a lot stoical to her now. Before I was always open to her. She told me that Nathan still cares about me, a lot.

“Every time we talk he would randomly tell me ‘how’s Ev?’ or ‘I miss Ev’ or ‘I remember one time when Ev’.” Ashley said softly. I stared into her dark eyes to see that she was being honest. I could read her when I look in her eyes. That’s why when she tries to lie she would turn her eyes away from me.

Nathan confuses me and Ashley so much. He avoids us when we move closer. When we move away from him, he comes closer. I mean seriously dude, WTF do you want?!

He’s selfish, stupid, boring, worthless and an annoying social climber yet he means so much. It sucks…

Ashley’s POV

OMIGOSH!! What a day!! A BITTERSWEET ONE !!

Today at recess, my back my facing the drinks stand at the school’s canteen and I was facing Evelyn while I was sipping my regular coffee drink. At the corner of my eye, I saw Nathan. Just when he and his friends were about to pass, he saw us then made a really wide salute to me, along with scrunched eyes and a creepy smile. Evelyn’s expression looked shock obviously because he almost hit her.

Next day…

Friday afternoon started out when it was lunchtime and I was talking to Nina, my closest friend in the classroom, Natalie suddenly cut into the conversation. She told me that Nathan was outside our classroom, looking for me. All my friends might’ve overheard this and as expected, they started to tease. My forehead creased, lips pursed, so overall my face looked like “WTF”. I promptly got up from my seat then positioned myself near the door. My brain racked for an explanation on why the hell was he here and looking for me. He walked towards me with a small smile.