29. Somewhere No One Can Find Us.

Samantha

"Can I please remove this blind fold?" She asks from the passenger seat of Henry's Lamborghini.

"Not yet," His voice is full of amusement as he drives on to some mystery destination. "Besides, I thought you liked blind folds."

"Under different circumstances, you would be correct," She leans back in her seat. They've been driving almost an hour now. She hasn't heard much traffic or noise around them, leading her to guess they're outside the city.

Another half hour later, she feels the car slowing down. She straightens up in her seat, ears perked, hearing gravel crunching beneath the tires. She chuckles. "Are we still in New York?"

"Connecticut, actually." Henry answers in that matter of fact way of his.

The car comes to a stop and she hears him switch it into park. He removes the keys and then there's silence. The next moment, she feels his lips on hers. Gentle, teasing, until they both smile together.

"I'll be right back." He whispers. There's a click, the sound of his seat belt being unbuckled. He opens his door and shuts it. If she listens hard enough, she can track his steps around the front of the car. He's opening her car door then. She offers him her hand as a way for him to help her to her feet. He catches her off guard, however, and lifts her out of the car and into his arms bridal style.

"Where have you brought me, Mr. Good?" She laughs.

"Take off the blind fold and see for yourself."

Her hands struggle to untie the blind fold. The first thing she sees is the outside of a big grey house with black shutters and white window panes. She looks to her left and then her right, greeted by pine trees and green grass. You can smell the warm summer air and grass clippings, birds are chirping. It's a beautiful house but she still doesn't understand why they're here or what this place is.

"What's all this?" She looks up at her fiancé.

He lets her down on her feet, closing the passenger door and reaching for her hand. "Let me show you."

He leads the way towards the French doors. Her heels click on the sidewalk and they climb the stairs. She glances down at the sundress she's wearing, wondering if she's dressed appropriately. She has a feeling that she's about to be introduced to someone important. Maybe his mom. But she didn't think his mother lived out here. So who else could it be?

They approach the doors and with his free hand, he reaches into his jacket pocket. He pulls out a single golden key and uses it to unlock the door. He opens it and gestures for her to step inside. He senses her nervousness, she hesitates. And so he leads the way once more, closing the door behind them.

It's even more beautiful on the inside. A white staircase to the right, beautiful wooden floors, and high ceilings.

"Starting out with the landing. This is where we will stumble home some nights after going out to the local Italian restaurant, having ate too many carbs and drank too much wine. Where Red will greet us excitedly every time we return from another romantic getaway." The edges of his mouth turn up and it always makes her heart stop when he looks at her like that. He tugs on her hand, encouraging her into the living room. "And this is our living room. We'll spend nights here spooning on the couch, watching Master Chef or Fixer Upper. Or making love next to that fireplace."

When he says this last part, his voice lowers and he kisses her ear, causing her to shiver.

The living room is spacious with neutral colors. A fireplace in the center of the room and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She's still looking around as he places his hands on her hips and guides her into the kitchen next. An island with white marble counter tops and a dining area full of windows with a view of the back yard. From here, the most she can make out of it is a pool and guest house.