25. Our Story.

Samantha

Unfortunately, the decision wasn't up to Hansen. He would have to consult with his superiors before Sam and Henry were permitted to leave the country. He promised to have an answer for them by Saturday night. It was the best he could do considering the circumstances. But no matter what he came back with, she knew she wasn't going to take no for an answer. They'd have to arrest her. She thought it was fair what she was asking for; a divorce and a two week getaway with her lover in exchange for their help and cooperation throughout the trial, no matter how long it lasted.

Saturday morning, Henry asked if he could take her shopping for the trip given that she wasn't allowed back at her and Cody's place to collect any other belongings. She was scared to get her hopes up but he was optimistic everything would work out. He even made arrangements for his sister and his niece to come watch over the house and Red. The idea of meeting his family made her nervous in an excited way.

"If we can't go to Bora Bora, we'll go to Hawaii. And if we can't go out of state, there's a place I'd like to take you to here." He kissed her nose when he had said it, in that tone of his that makes it all sound so simple and possible and beautiful.

Her mother had been calling since that morning. She must've seen the letter Sam left, communicating her decision to divorce Cody and take her father off of life support. Mom's reaction was exactly as she'd guess it would be. But she couldn't think about that right now. For once, everyone else was going to have to take a back seat to Sam's wants and needs, she wasn't going to be pushed around. There's too much else going on at the moment for her to wonder if she'll ever have a normal relationship with her Mom.

She was still waiting to tell Henry about all of this. She didn't want to jinx anything or tell him she had good news if it didn't follow through.

After shopping, they came home and made spaghetti together. It was about 7:30pm, they were cuddled on the couch watching Love Actually, Red keeping their feet warm, when she received Hansen's text message.

Tell Paul he can serve the papers and enjoy Bora Bora 👍

She let him know they were free to go Bora and they cheered on the couch together. Everything was working out. Could it finally be happening? Henry bought tickets to fly out Monday morning and a private villa with a bedroom view that opened to a patio with its own jacuzzi and pool, along with a hammock type net that hovered right above the crystal blue water of the ocean. Definitely will have to limit alcohol intake near that, she thought. And the cherry on top of it all, that night she typed out a message she never believed would be real, and sent it off to Rebecca and Paul.

He's here. We got the okay from Hansen. :), and the address of the agency in case Paul didn't know it.

Seconds later, Rebecca's text makes her smile. HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT, the first text then another one quickly after, so fucking proud of you, Sam. Go ride that dick in Bora Bora ;)

Sunday night, Henry's sister calls to let him know she won't be there before they leave but she wants to have dinner with them when they come back, if they'd like. His sister's voice sounds sweet. Sam only wants to meet her more and can't help but agree excitedly when she overhears, causing Henry to laugh. He doesn't speak about his family often but when he does, you can tell he loves them very much. He's always taken care of them and it's one of the things Sam completely adores about him. How protective and loving he is to the people in his life.