Chapter 8

I am finally able to take a step forward into the room as I assess the scene before me. Daniel has laid out the lingerie beside him on the bed. He is sitting while staring at the box of the vibrator. It doesn't look like he's opened the box yet. He's just looking at it. His head finally raises to look at me, and the look he gives me takes my breath away. I don't know what to say or how to feel about it.

He gets up slowly and drops the box next to the lingerie as I meet him at the end of the bed. I must remind myself how to speak, and my voice only comes out as a whisper.

"What are you doing?"

That's a stupid question, but he answers anyway. He stands so close in front of me but does not reach out to touch me. Instead, he holds my eyes to his as he places his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

"I found these when I came home," his tone is as low as mine. "I was not sure where they came from."

"I, um, Eva came to visit me. They were... she bought them as gifts. She thought you would like them."

"Mhm," he nods silently, glances at the bed, and then back to me. "Are you going to model it for me?"

"I'm not sure either of us would like the way I look in that," my eyes drop from his.

He finally reaches out to place a finger under my chin and lifts my eyes back to his.

"I'd like to see for myself," his voice has gone deeper.

Is he serious? Does he really want to see me in that?

My heart is beating fast as I move to grab the outfit from the bed and then step into the bathroom. I can feel Daniel's eyes on me until I close the door. I stare at the lingerie for a moment before deciding to put it on. I am surprised that it is a perfect fit as I stare at myself in the mirror. It is a simple teddy negligee with matching underwear. I am amazed at how I like how it feels on my skin. It is spaghetti strapped, and a small pink bow sits between my breasts at the top of my baby bump. The fabric falls loosely over my stomach. I feel pretty and even a little sexy. Maybe Eva was right about this.

I take another small breath to steady my nerves before leaving the bathroom. Daniel has removed his shirt, and he is lounging on the chaise of the room's sitting area. He has opened the box and studies the vibrator in his hands. He watches me walk toward him, then he places the toy down and stands before me again with the same posture as before. There is a smirk on his lips as his eyes scan me from head to toe. He reaches forward to finger the little pink bow, and his fingers trail the lace down the side of my belly. I can feel little tingles following where he touched me. Then he takes my hand and turns me, so my back is facing him. He places his hands on my waist and pulls me back into his chest.

His silence is unbearable, and I want to know his thoughts. Does he like how I look in this or do I appear entirely foolish?

"Do you like it?"

"You tell me," he says near my ear.

He places tiny kisses on the side of my neck as he presses his erection into the small of my back. I pull my bottom lip in between my teeth to hide my smile. Oh, yea. He likes it.

I lean over gently to give him greater access to my neck. His wet kisses feel so good. He moves to whisper in my ear again.

"Refusing a gift would be rude. Would you like to play with me?"

I nod my head eagerly. "Yes."

I feel like that was a rhetorical question. This is the exact moment I have been waiting for. But I digress. If he's feeling talkative, then so am I.