Chapter 15: The Arrest

When I arrive I see the officer on the ground, dead. I reach over his head to see his last memories.

"Alden! Don't move, you're under arrest!"

Alden doesn't say a word, but it's clear he says no. A car gets lifted from Alden's side and thrown at the policeman.

"Ahhh!!"

I stand up and head down the street.

"I got a bead on Alden. Heading after him,"

Moya starts talking.

"Try not to let him escape. This could be our only shot,"

"Got it,"

I down the street for 7 minutes when I hear a mob yelling.

"He stole my food! Kill him!"

I look over and someone is hanging from a lamp post.

"What the hell.."

Should I even get involved in this? I have to chase after Alden and if he gets away I'm gonna be the one to blame. I don't even know what the "right" decision would be, especially spur of the moment.

I hop up and release the man and let the crowd deal with him, I don't have the time to deal with it.

I keep heading down the street, and shortly after I reach a garbage dump.

"What the hell? Hey Moya, have you seen this place? The Warren was never much to begin with, but this used to be a park. Now It's a shanty town made out of junk. I can barely find my way through it,"

"Alden started collecting scrap metal, junk, anything else he could get his hands on the moment the quarantine was put into place. Probably for use on that tower,"

"Why the hell is he building that thing?"

"No idea. As far as I can tell, there are no combustibles in it. so it's not an explosive device. Maybe he's overcompensating for something,"

"Makes sense. He is an old man,"

I scoure through the junkyard and get to what used to be the park center. A short bit ahead of me is a large golem made of scrap metal being held together by some type of energy.

Over a loudspeaker, I hear a police officer speak.

"He's trying to flank! Ignore the golem and focus all your fire on Tate!"

They're confronting Alden, I'll leave him to them. I'll take care of this golem.

The golem takes a step forward, lifts it's arm and starts pelting small compact spheres of metal at me.

I dive for a nearby bench and after a while it stops shooting. I run from out of my cover and throw as many rockets as I can at it. After all the explosions, it barely did any damage.

"Damn. You're strong aren't you,"

Using those rockets really drained me. Thought he'd be down after that. There are lamps surrounding me. I drain all the lamps of power at the same time and overflow my body with electricity. I rush at the golem and kick it in it's chest; the golem stumbles backward. While it's recovering I rush at it again, shove my hand in it's core and release the energy I stored inside it. The golem explodes, sending scrap metal across the stone tiling.

I sit down and catch my breath.

Then I hear the officer over the loudspeaker again.

"Attention all units, Tate is in custody. Enroute to the Eagle Point Penitentiary,"

I speak to Moya.

"Cops nabbed Alden, Moya. They're taking him to the pen,"

"I heard, and so have the dust men. They're already rampaging through the streets of the Warren, shooting everyone in sight,"

"Hell, can't get a second of rest,"

I take a deep breath and stand up.

"Alright, let's see what those dust men are up to,"

I head out of the park and head down the street.