Chapter 12: The Warren

I exit the sewers and watch as power comes back to this part of The Warren. My new power is emitting static electricity from my hands. I can use them to glide across big gaps I can’t normally jump.

I start getting a call from Zeke.

“Hello?”

“Hey Cole, you remember Dwight? Just ran into his sister and she thinks he's in some kind of trouble. Wants to know if you'll look for him,”

“Dwight? Didn't that guy steal your car and strip it down for parts?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was a real tool. But you know, I've dug his sister for a real long time now, and uh, you'd be doing me a real solid with this one,”

“Oh, you think she'll "reward" you for this,”

“Hell, it's not like I can do anything from here. She says he was hangin' around the Chummy Chicken the last time they talked, guess he was workin' over there. That might be a good place for you to start,” 

“Alright man,”

Zeke hangs up and I get another call, this one is from Trish.

“Cole, are you there?”

“Yeah, What’s up?”

“It's getting bad over here. People are dying, and there's nothing I can do. I need to get a bus over to Bayview and see if it still has any supplies,”

“I came through the tunnel, and it's trashed. Same with the Stone Canal Drawbridge,” 

“You remember Roger Miller from Amy's graduation? He's a city engineer that used to work with my dad, and if anyone can fix the bridge, it'd be him. He lives by Valentine Park,”

“Alright, I'll try and find him,”

I’ll get the Dwight situation done with first. I wanna clear this up before I get working on the bridge.

I head over to the Chummy Chicken.

When I arrive at the Chummy Chicken, I start to look around.

“Alright he should be around here,”

After I turn the corner I find Dwights body. 

I call Zeke, he picks up.

“Dwight's dead, Zeke. Someone really messed him up,”

“Ah, man — his sister's gonna flip out when I tell her that. Hell, you should find the guys who did it — I could play off that angle. Maybe. C'mon man, I need this,”

I chuckle.

“Trying to get some in the apocalypse,”

“Better late than never,” 

I put my hand over Dwight’s head, his memories flash through my mind.

“No, stay away from me! Aghh!”

I talk to Zeke.

“Hard to make out — looked like a man and a dog or something,”

“Dwight was killed by a dog? Damn! Had a cousin that went the same way. Whew, shouldn't have had an open casket, but ole Smitty wanted one. People were passing out, puking, you name it. It was horrible. Still haven't recovered from that one,” 

“Anyway, I can see that whatever it was went down the street, going down there,”

I head down 5 blocks, when a guy comes up to me. 

“Holy crap, you're him! It's great what you're doing, the way you're cleaning up this place,”

I look past him and there are posters on the wall.