- a u t h o r 's - n o t e -

(updated author's note – 02.25.2024)

HULLO. HULLO. HULLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 before we get into all the things, if you haven't, i would recommend going and reading the previous books (there's three prior to this) in this series on my page, bc they are (and the rest will be) all connected and goes along with gemma's story in the HP books. but if you don't want to, then hullo – i hope you enjoy this! 

HERE WE ARE AGAIN...

welcome to the fourth book of my harry potter fanfiction series. this series is written along with the books and not the movies (even though the first version of them was written with the movies, but noopppeeeee). the cast is still with people from the movies bc i love the cast – however there are some new additions and changes bc why the frick not (i am looking at all the marauders people who had destroyed my brain with fan-casting so naturally i recasted a bunch of people bc i could). ALSO, if there is anyone that doesn't make it into the cast list as i am writing, assume it is someone from the movies OR have fun and make up your own person to play that part (and if you want to, send a comment/message my way and i can add them to the cast).

ALSO ALSO – i am genuinely curious who you see or whatever when you read about gemma as she is a "as described" character. so if ya feel like sharing, you can share that too!

anyways – this series has been about four close to five years in the making and gemma is my baby and i love her very very much. however, there is like minimal editing done – which i will fix more in depth later (so if there are plot holes, sorrryyyyy – but also you are completely welcome to point them out so i can fix them later haha)

for this book – the heavy content warning revolves around physical abuse, neglect, panic/anxiety attacks, a bit of ptsd, depression, anxiety, and some repercussions that surround being involved in those situations (i will add more to the list here as i remember it or if you guys give me a heads up). this goes hand in hand with gemma's home life being far from perfect (which finally changes after this book thank goodness). these warnings will be added to the beginning of the chapters (if i miss something, let me know and i will add it!), and the content will grow darker as there series goes on (as it does in HP).

there is probably some like mild language (its been semi-added in over the course of the last few books pretty sure – i think book three and this one is really where it starts being added in) in this bc i mean they are English. i am sorry if that bothers you, but im gonna leave that in there bc it fits the vibes of the moment. for this book specifically, i cannot remember if there is any super intense cursing, but yeah, if there is – its because of the intensity of the situation.

also, there is probably a lil bit of gore – because no one is ever actually safe in these books (which you would know if you've read the books or other HP fics)

so here are some normal things for the fic writers out there:

all rights go to the wizarding world and J.K. Rowling

i do not own anything but Gemma and her storyline and any other original characters that might show up

pls don't steal my work - it's rude hahah

don't be shy to comment, vote, freak out, etc. - i love hearing from y'all

i wont make you wait any longer!

it is finally time to dive back into the story, which in this case is the goblet! (dun dun DUUUNNNNN) 

and to whenever you read this, good morning/afternoon/evening/night!

see ya around!

~ gwenlee