Chapter 10: Dead Or Alive

"Life is never easy, no matter how you try to make it be"

——

With a scowl on my face I got out of the card passenger seat, slamming the door shut with my arms crossed under my chest.
"You've got to be kidding, your still mad about the food. But please, don't hurt my baby." He said placing his palms on the bonnet of the car making me roll my eyes at him.

"Let's just get this over and done with." I stated walking ahead, I heard him mumble something along the lines crazy women but I did not stop to ask him, with an bored expression I walked inside the building before making my way to the basement.

"Well good for you, it's your last day." I heard a manly voice before I even walked into the room where they had kept the bartender. My eyes instantly fell on the terrified man who was still strapped by ropes on to the chair, he had a black and blue bruise on his left eye with a split lips.

"You horrid women, I should have never allowed you to fuck me into giving your the footage." The bartender cried out once his eyes fell on me, I scoffed rolling my eyes at him but began walking closer to him.

"You knew Amara before the day she handed you the drugs. I wanna know how?" I asked him getting straight to the point, he seemed to stiffen at my words as he looked at me and then behind me at whom I am assuming is Anthony.

"Sam, the last thing I would recommend is opening your mouth. I am inches away from killing you." I arched my left eyebrows at Anthony's words. So the bartenders name was Sam, well at least now I had a name to address him with.

"Look, please just don't kill me. I will tell you everything." Sam spoke, his words laced with fear one thing I always found rather amusing. When people would commit crime but become scared when it was them seeing death right before their eyes.

"Answer my question, Sam" I said and he nodded his head quickly, he gulped his spit making his Adam's apple pop out.

"I-I had went on a date after meeting a women on tinder, that's where I met her for the first time at Rodies, it's just on the outskirts of Los angles. She was beautiful, I thought I had met the love of my life. Everything was perfect for the first couple of months, until I began to see her on tabloids being the girlfriend of Anthony Bianchi. I instantly confronted her, that's when she told me she was in a relationship with him but she never felt the love from Anthony the way she felt it with me. And I fell into her words, I was in love with her slowly she began to open up to me as weeks went pass. Then one day she came to my door, drenched with tears in her eyes. She told me she was being blackmailed and that she may not live for long but I could prevent that from happening if I did what she would tell me so I listened and she then came a day before the incident happened and gave me a picture of Anthony Bianchi with an packet of drugs. T-That was the last time I saw her." My eyes widened at his words, he was having an relationship with Amara.

"But that's not all she did the day she gave you the drugs, did she? You both were having an conversation." I said and he gulped once again and nodded his head at me.

"At first I denied, I was scared. Drugging someone was not something I had done before, but she reminded me that if I did not do it then she would die. How could have I let the love of my die. But then she told me that someone would come for me and give me the money for my job. I didn't want the money I just wanted her so I agreed." I nodded my head at him before turning to look at a rather calm Anthony, he held no emotions on his face. For someone who was discovering his now dead girlfriend was having multiple sexual relationships behind his back I was expecting him to explode.

"But the man never came, instead money was transferred into your account. Did you never wonder why Amara never came to see you?" I asked him once turning my attention back to Sam, he looked down before looking back at me his eyes filled with tears.

"At first I assumed she would return, then I began to think she had just used me and maybe there never was a person who was going to kill her but then I heard the news about her death, and how Mr Bianchi was the possible murderer." I nodded my head once again, I looked into his eyes seeing whatever he was saying was the truth. But still there was many blank spot, if Amara was the one who drugged Anthony, why would she kill her self? How did Anthony end up with her?

"Then why did you not go to the police and tell them all of this?" Anthony asked, his voice was deep as he approached Sam who instantly flinched the closer Anthony got to him.
"I didn't go, because I went near her apartment after her murder news was going viral. I saw the ambulance take the body, I got scared I knew if I went to the police they would suspect me as I was the one who drugged you. No one would believe me." Sam answered, Anthony scoffed finally showing a little anger before turning to look at me.

"Are we done?" He asked and I nodded my head even though I had nothing to say, my mind seemed fogged like something was not adding up.
"That dead body did not belong to Amara." I froze hearing those words leave Sam's mouth and it also alerted Anthony, instant we both turned to face him.

"What did you say?" Anthony asked again, Sam stiffened once again fear visible on his face.
"T-The dead body did not belong to Amara." Sam repeated, what the actual fuck was happening. If the dead body was not Amara's then who's was it.

"How do you know?" I asked him approaching him until I stood beside Anthony.
"A-Amara had burnt her fingers a few days before attempting to make cookies, she had a blister mark on her finger and the day I saw the ambulance scroll the body into the ambulance, I saw her fingers and the body did not have any blister burnt marks." Well talk about making this case even more complicated, I stared at Sam bewildered and shock at the new news I had just discovered from him.

Love Me... (Mafia Novel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara