Chapter 3- Call Me Anthony

"I like things to work my way"

——

Scarlett had returned not long after Anthony had walked away, she gave me an sympathetic look whilst holding a cup filled with coffee.
"Lead the way to Mr Bianchi's office." I stated, she stared at me with wide eyes before shaking her head at me.

"I do not think right now is the perfect time, he seems to be in a bad mood today morning." I scoffed at her words, I did not work according to his mood. If he wanted to avoid finding himself a life time prison sentence he would have to work my way.

"I work for no one but myself, not according to your boss. Miss Scarlet. I would suggest you take me to him now." I stated she nodded her head instantly at my words, I silently followed her to the employee elevator watching it slide open. We both walked inside, before she pressed the twentieth floor.

"Mr Bianchi has an meeting in two hours, so I would recommend any questioning you have for him to be done before then. Like I had said before he is very punctual." I nodded my head at her, I did not want to remain her for two hours. I had come here to talk about the case further before I would leave and begin to do my job.

It was a few minutes late before the elevator door slid open to the floor which held Anthony's office, we walked out with Scarlett in front of me I could tell she was nervous but she remained standing stiff as she knocked on his door.

"Come in." His voice came, she pressed her pass on the key and when it flashed green she pushed the glass door open and walked inside, I followed behind her as she placed the cup of coffee on his desk.

His eyes were lowered as he was signing some documents.

"Did my father arrange me another Lawyer?" He asked without looking up, I assumed it was towards Scarlett she instantly cleared her throat before turning her head towards me and giving me a small smile before turning back to Anthony.

"Even if he did, it for your own benefit. Unless you want to experience a life behind four walls." It was not Scarlett who answered but me, his head instantly snapped up to look at me. His jaws clenched as he realised I had came up to his office.
"I do not need advice from you, Miss Perez." He stated, placing his pen down on his desk. He raised his hands at Scarlett dismissing her, she almost instantly rushed out of his office.

"It's Mrs Perez, but you can call me Isobel. I do not find myself in need to want to entertain you, Mr Bianchi. I come here to finish off what my father had started, I am sure he would not have wanted you behind the cells." He arched his eyebrows at my words, I approached his desk pulling out a chair and settling down. I placed my bag and file in front of me.

"Your Johnathon Diaz's daughter?" He asked, I nodded my head at my fathers name. I had been called by Anthony's father Gael Bianchi, my father was a well trusted lawyer and had worked for him for many years and believed I was the only one who he could trust after my father.

"I am indeed, but I have not come here to note my family tree down for you. You need my help, and if you do not want to go prison you need to corporate with me." I stated, my eyes held his as I waited for an response. He seemed to be in deep thoughts before he sighed and nodded his head at me to continue.

I smiled knowing I had achieved my first task.

"Did you kill Miss Amara Alonso?" Was the first question I asked, I had to know who's case I was fighting. Was I bringing him justice for a false accusation or was I fighting to free a criminal from his crime.

"Do you think I have killed her?" He asked, from the file father had left behind it was quiet certain father did not portray him as an murderer, but I worked differently. I never went for how an person appeared but on facts and evidence.

"I do not know, Mr Bianchi. Your finger prints were found on the murder weapon, your dna was on her clothes. For matter of fact all evidence points against you." I stated, he nodded his head at me before letting out another sigh.
"I do not know if I killed her." I arched my eyebrows at him, i had heard many excuses in my life but this was one that was new.

A laugh escaped my parted lips as I stared at him, his eyebrows narrowed at my reaction.

"Mr Bianchi, you do not know whether you savagely murdered a women in other words your own girlfriend?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders at me leaving further into his chair. This was getting harder than I had imagined, the next trial was in three months, and if there was no evidence to turn heads away from him but he could kiss goodbye to his lavish life.

"I was drunk, I can not remember anything from that night. Heck, I do not remember how she even got into my apartment." He explained, alcohol a substance which can wave a persons mind and make them forget.

"Can you tell me what happened that night of September?" I asked him, leaning forward resting my arms on his desks. He nodded his head at me.

"I had caught Amara in a rather disturbing act, she had cheated on me with my own friend. But I am not someone who would kill someone over jealously, I know there is plenty fish in the sea. I ended up going to a bar and got drunk, When I woke up, Amara was beside me dead. Her face completely crushed and multiple stab wounds on her." He explained my ears perked at the mention of a bar, if he was speaking the truth then I had to check the CCTV. If there was anything my father had missed I had to check.

"How long we're you and Miss Amara in a relationship?" I asked him, staring at him intently to see any sign of him lying but to my dismay I could not understand him.

"Since secondary school, I met her at a football match. I was playing as an quarterback, she was friends with the girlfriend of one of my team mates." He answered, highschool sweethearts well this was an interesting turn of events.

"And what bar did you go to, the night of this event?" I asked him, pulling out my notepad and pen writing down every important key fact I was finding from him.
"Desire, it's a bar down town. Well known." He answered and I nodded my head before I stood up I turned away to leave, I knew what he spoke was truth but I also knew there was something he was hiding.

"Mrs Perez?" I froze hearing my name leave his lips, I turned around to look at him with an arched eyebrows.
"Yes, Mr Bianchi?" I asked him waiting impatiently for him to speak.

"Call me Anthony."