Chapter 2- Ex Girlfriend

"I may be a women of little words but when I have a job I make sure it is done"

——

Dressed appropriately, I waited for Thomas to arrive. My eyes darting down to my watch, I still had another hour till my shift was supposed to start as Anthony Bianchi's Lawyer. But I preferred to get myself a step ahead, by visiting him at his office.

I hated slacking, and I definitely hated those who slacked.

When Thomas arrived, stopping the black SUV in front of me. I silently got inside, he did not bother to make a conversation to which I was glad, I had yet to grab myself a coffee and when I did not get my morning coffee I was told that I could be cranky.

"I brought you coffee." He said turning to face me and handing me a cup. Now that brought a smile to my face, Thomas indeed knew how to do his work and was a step ahead of doing something that he was not really required to do. Never the less, I appreciated it.

"Thank you, I really needed it." I said to which he nodded his head giving me a small smile, he turned back around strapping his seat belt on before beginning to drive. I pulled out my file, reading over everything that was necessary for the pending murder case.

"Thomas, how well do you know your boss?" I questioned, if I wanted to get this case closed as quick as possible I had to know every little detail as possible, even as much as what underwear he wore.

"Mr Bianchi, is a more solitary. In other words a private person, he doesn't talk much but likes perfection, he likes everything his own way. In my opinion, Mr Bianchi is not someone who would murder someone in jealousy of his ex girlfriend sleeping with another man." I arched my eyebrows at his words, he seemed to know Mr Anthony Bianchi quiet well.

"I never asked for your opinion, Thomas. Let me decide who is guilty and who is not. I am not here to throw him in jail, I have come to do my job and that's what I will be doing." I said father bluntly, I was told I did not have any filter. But I did not care, I was rather straightforward. When I felt something was not right or I did not want the topic to change to something I did not ask my words can be sharp.

"My apologies, I did not mean to intervene in your case." Thomas said, I remained silent gazing outside the window. The sky was gloomy, grey and filled with clouds. It made everything rather depressing. It was not long before we arrived at Bianchi Corps, the tall grey building.

I got out, with Thomas following behind. I entered the building walking through a metal detecting machine, before being scanned in case I had any weapon. For someone who was a business men he had facility which made him appear to be a Prime minister.

"Miss Perez, I am Scarlet Jones. Mr Bianchi's secretary." Scarlet said approaching me, I shook her head as she smiled at me. She had long black hair, with dark brown eyes and a tanned sun kissed skin. She seemed quiet petite, an hour glass figure and an almond shaped face.
"Call me Isobel, I would like to thank you for the apartment is really comfortable." I said to which she nodded her head at me, her smile not once leaving her face.

"Your welcome. I have brought you your lanyard, the pass allows you to enter all rooms including Mr Bianchi's office as per your request. However, certain areas such as Mr Bianchi's private elevator, safe room, private bathroom and room one zero four five conference room which is were he takes his private and confidential meetings are strictly not available." She said handing me my lanyard, I tucked it into my blazer pocket before nodding my head at her.

"Has Mr Bianchi arrived?" I asked her to which she shook her head, for someone who ran such business he sure did slack on timing. Looking at my watch which laid on my wrist, he was meant to be here any moment now.
"Mr Bianchi, is punctual. He does not arrive a minute or second to the time he is meant to." She answered as if she could read what I was thinking just that moment, everyone around me became silent and a presence behind me was noticed by me and the look Scarlet gave.

"Is my coffee ready?" A deep voice spoke from behind, he held an heavy American accent. I turned to find the man I had seen on multiple tabloids, some were about his dashing looks whereas others were calling him 'murder' or spoilt rich 'murderer' in suit.

I had to agree that Anthony Bianchi was definitely hot, his tall frame at six foot two, his muscular arms, his fair skin with blonde curls and green eyes like the forest.

"I-I will get it right now, sir." Scarlet said from behind but by now, Anthony's eyes had lowered and settled on me. He narrowed his gaze staring at me intently before lowering it further to take in my outfit. I had worn a black knee length skirt with a baby pink blouse and a black blazer to match my skirt.

"Who are you?" He asked bluntly, I arched my eyebrows at him. His tone had hardened, as he stared at me as if I was an uninvited guest. Maybe I was. But I could give less than two shits.
"Isobel Perez, I am your new lawyer." I said extending my hand towards him, he looked into my eyes before lowering it to my outstretched hand.

"I don't need a lawyer, see yourself out." My jaws clenched at his words as he walked pass me, my eyes lowering to my hand as it felt to my side fisted into a ball.

I guess Mr Anthony Bianchi wanted to play hard to corporate.