Enchanted -W.M

Comincia dall'inizio

"So, tell me, Emma. How did you end up in a place like this?" Wanda asked while leaning on her hand that was placed on the bar. I could hear an accent in her voice, but couldn't point exactly from where it was.

"I was invited to sing a few songs, earlier in the night. After that, I was kept here against my will." I explain while mirroring her position. "How about you?"

"I just arrived here so I'm afraid I lost your singing. I bet it was endearing." The redhead compliments me with a genuine smile on her face. "I was dragged here as well, against my will." She winks at me when she uses my words. "Apparently is good for business if I show my face at those fancy events." This time she rolls her eyes, a playful smirk still present on her face. "How come a gorgeous woman like you doesn't have someone at their arm showing you off?" She quickly asks before I could say something myself.

"Well, I'm with you right now, aren't I?" I wink at her praising myself when I hear her giggling.

"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew. I was enchanted to meet you." The fond smile on my face is still present while I remember that night. I let myself sing the song that I have never sung in front of a crowd before because of its importance to me. 

"Let me walk you home." Wanda said after we finally acknowledged the late hour. We spent all night talking with each other. 

We migrated towards one of the couches and haven't moved since. 

"And who would walk you home after that?" I quirk an eyebrow at her. 

"I'm a big girl, I can handle going home after I made sure you are safe and sound." She quickly assured me. 

"At least let me order you an Uber so you won't have to walk all the way to your place." I try to negotiate.

"Let's take you home first. And then we will manage my situation." Wanda joked and finally sat up from the couch. 

She offered her hand to me and gently pulled me up. With my hand still in hers, she started walking to the exit of this venue, not before snatching a bottle of wine from one of the shelves.

"The night is still young. Let's make it memorable." She turned her head and winked at me making me blush slightly. 

This woman is something else. A good something else.

She opened the wine and offered me the first sip.

"A sparkling wine for a sparkling night." And with that, we both took turns in sipping the wine. 

"Come on, I live nearby." I'm the one to pull her by her hand that has never left mine. 

"Look at the stars." She points into the sky.

"I've never seen them shine so bright." I confess while admiring their beauty. 

"Yeah, they are amazing. But not as beautiful as you." Wanda nudges my shoulders with hers when she sees the blush on my face. "They'll have to keep on trying."

"I would say you are pretty beautiful too, Miss Wanda." I confess and smile when I see her blush. 

I squeeze her hand once and when she returns the gesture I swear I could feel my heart skipping a few beats which I'm not sure it's normal.

"The lingering question kept me up. 2 AM, who do you love? I wonder 'til I'm wide awake." I sing remembering that night when we finally parted ways. I barely slept while thinking about her.