-CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Training, Day One-

"How could've this ever happened?" I asked. "What did we do wrong to deserve this?"

"Well, we all hunted the Shara Ishvalda last night." Kyle said.

Tweek gasped, his clawed fingers scraping his eyes. "THE G-GHOST OF SH-SH-SHARA ISHVALDA IS HAUNTING US–GAH!"

"Calm down, Hybrids. There's nothing to fear.' the Seeker assured.

"HOW CAN I BE CALM WHEN I LOOK LIKE A FUCKEN' HELL BEAST?!"

"Hybrids, just listen to me." The Seeker began. "Everything's going to be alright, for I will have to teach you all to get used to your new bodies."

"Hold it, Seeker." the Admiral interjected. "If you are to teach them, then I shall accompany you in case so the Hybrids don't harm you."

"That would be great, Admiral. But I am perfectly capable of taking care of them myself." The Seeker wanted to teach us himself, but the Admiral was insistent.

+++

Wildspire Waste...

Soon we were standing in an elevated surface in the Wildspire Waste. I stood among the others with the Admiral and Seeker standing in front.

"So, 'hunters,'" the Admrial still sounded a bit wary of us. "When did you get these monster features?"

"We were perfectly okay last night during the party, but when we woke up the next day," Clyde choked up like he was about to cry. "We l-looked like this!"

The Seeker hummed. "Huh, that is odd." 

"Did you forget to take your armor off before bed?"

"I don't know sir, some of us were too drunk to remember."

The Seeker sighed. "This is an ususal case, though I feel like I've seen this phenomenon only once before."

"Wait, what?"

"Some say that when a hunter wears armor of monster materials, they will gradually morph into that monster." The Seeker looked away. "And when that hunter becomes full monster, they can never go back."

Butters gasped. "Oh no! I don't wanna be a monster forever!"

"Well, we just might be able to reverse it if we find the source."

"And when will that be?"

"It could take days or weeks, it depends."

"Well I can't deal with these heavy horns on my head for a week," Wendy tried to crack her neck, attempting to ease her sore and stiff neck.

"Consider yourself lucky Wendy," Bebe said. "At least you can still give high fives without slicing someone's hand." Bebe waved her horrifically clawed fingers–they had a set of upper claws above the main ones. "And at least your scales don't look like exposed flesh." Bebe scratched her red hide.

"That is why I'm here to teach you to get used to your new bodies for now." The Seeker said. "Because you'll be in them for a while."

"But everything hurts!" Clyde complained. "My wings feel heavy and my teeth ache!"

"Mine too!"

"My skin itches!"

"That's the process of the transformation. It's normal to feel some discomfort for the first few days. Your muscles will feel sore, your teeth will ache, and your skin will be itchy."

"Seeker, can you actually teach them how to function with their bodies and not frighten them anymore?" the Admiral huffed, annoyed.

"Ah, right." The Seeker walked by us like a drillsergeant walking past his cadets. "Hybrids, it seems that you've been transformed into the monster that you've hunted to get your current armor."