-CHAPTER TWELVE: A Paean of Guidance-

Three Months Later...

Months after hunting that Raging Brachydios–and after him admiting that he has feelings for me–Kenny and I officially became a romantic couple.

We went on a very tiresome hunt a couple weeks back. We traveled to Elder's Recess to slay the Blazing Black Dragon, Alatreon. And fuck, it was impossible. It made the Raging Brachydios hunt feel like a cakewalk. We fainted at least twice before we finally killed the bastard.

But Kenny wouldn't rest a second until he got those horns mounted on his wall, with his other gruesome hunting trophies. I wonder if he has any taxidermized mounts or statues in his room.

Today was a very peaceful day. The hunters lingered in the Gathering Hub–Stan was arm wrestling Kyle, Cartman was pigging out on gargantuan meat platters, and I saw Butters playing by himself in the hot springs.

Somewhere in the Hub, I overheard Bebe and Nichole giggling about something.

"Oh my gosh, Nichole," Bebe whispered and subtly pointed in Kyle's direction. "Look at Kyle's ass!"

"I know! It's so perky for a guy."

"Eh, what's that?" Kyle asked, turning around.

"N-Nothing!" Bebe said with a blushing face.

Kyle looking back distracted him, causing Stan to slam Kyle's arm down, winning the game.

"I won!"

"No fair!" Kyle whined. "I always beat you at arm wrestling!"

"Not this time it seems," Stan said, smiling a bit. Kyle grit his teeth and uttered a muffled scream.

Just then a horn sounded, grabbing the attention of my hunter friends. The Admiral walked in, arms crossed. "Hunters, report to the meeting area as soon as possible. The Fifth Fleet wants all fourteen of you, in particular."

+++

All the hunters met at the Meeting place. The Third Fleet members stood before us.

"Hunters," the General said. "I'm assuming you lot know why you've been summoned?"

"We have a mission?"

"You all have a mission, correct." The General crossed his arms. "We've recently discovered a desolate island located several nautical miles from Seliana. We have speculations that an ancient dragon Shara Ishvalda might be there."

"A Shara–what now?"

"Shara Ishvalda." The General said. "A mysterious elder dragon able to manipulate the earth itself. Vibrations from its wingtips reshape the earth, denying hunters footing. Today we will all take an airship to Origin Isle, the location of Shara Ishvalda."

The Admiral added, "You all have plenty of time to prepare. Eat a hearty meal. Polish and shine your armor. Sharpen your weapons. You may even change your armor sets."

After the informative meeting, everyone left and prepared for the gig. We all ate huge meals–Cartman eating three devilish portions more.

"I can't believe we're going on a mission, the fourteen of us!"

"I know, it's crazy." Stan skewered a baked potato with his fork and stuffed it into his mouth. "We almost never go on these things."

As everyone was eating and chatting, I took the time to glance at their meals: Stan was eating a full vegetarian platter, Kyle ate what looked like an oversized lobster–he tore the lobster tail off and ate the meat with his mouth–, meanwhile me and everyone else had savory meat dishes–chicken, ham, stew and...beef?