-CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Surprises-

I studied the head of the colossal corpse laying in front of me. Its eyelids were not fully closed–they looked droopy eyed. I could feel its yellow-red eyes glare at me, no matter where I moved or how I looked at it.

"It looks even uglier up close," Craig said, crossing his arms. Stan dry heaved again, this time greenish brown vomit trickled from a corner in his mouth. He wiped it away with his gaunlets.

"But I'm just so glad its finally over with."

I hear the sound of Wingdrakes in the distance. I looked behind me, and I saw the Fifth Fleet fly in.

"Hunters!" the Tracker said. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes ma'am, we're good."

The Fifth Fleet took a gander at the freshly dead dragon. "So, you lot managed to slay Shara Ishvalda by yourselves?" The Admiral nodded with approval. "Impressive."

"You did it Y/N!" the Handler chimed; her, Lea and Aiden rushing to my side. "We knew we could count on you."

"Well hunters, consider this a job well done." The General said. "We shall head back to the ship right away and–"

A rumble abruptly interrupted the General. The ground below us was quaking again.

"What the hell!"

"N-Not again–GAH!"

I couldn't help but watch in disbelief as the seemingly deceased Shara Ishvalda slowly climbed back to its feet and stood up like nothing happened.

It loomed over us, its hideous eyes glaring back. Everyone drew their weapons and stood together strong.

"It's alive?"

"Oh my God!" Clyde bawled his eyes out again.

"I'm getting too old for this," the Huntsman grumbled.

Before the Shara Ishvalda could get any closer, a dark and bulky mass plummeted from the skies. It crashed into the Shara Ishvalda and began to tussle with it.

 It crashed into the Shara Ishvalda and began to tussle with it

"Is that a Ruiner Nergigante?" the Handler gasped.

"It's bigger and more aggressive looking than the Nergigante I hunted months ago!" Cartman added.

The Ruiner Nergigante pinned the Shara Ishvalda's head down and sank its serrated teeth into the thick twisted hide. The Shara Ishvalda roared and screamed and tried to break free, but the Ruiner Nergigante was much stronger. It tore off a chunk of purple flesh and swallowed it down.

"It's eating the Shara Ishvalda!"

The Ruiner Nergigante proceeded to eat more of the Shara Ishvalda, until the Old Everwyrm thrashed no more.

Once it had finished eating Shara Ishvalda, the Ruiner Nergigante faced us. It seemed like we were its next target after the Shara Ishvalda.

"Are we seriously gonna fight this motherfucker too?"

"No you're not," the Huntsman interjected. "It's all mine."

The Huntsman charged, his Longsword unsheathed, and about to attack the Nergigante, but Kenny stepped in and shoved him out of the way.

"Kenneth!"

Kenny charged in the same fashion the Huntsman did. The Ruiner Nergigante roared and raised its cruel claws in the air to attack.

This moment was so unreal. It felt like it was playing in slow motion.

Kenny's blade hacked the Ruiner Nergigante's forearm almost clean off, leaving some flesh stuck to the bone. The Ruiner Nergigante howled in painful rage.

We all gasped–while some remained silent, processing the unfolding events.

"Oh my goodness!"

"Ouch!"

Kenny then jumped and swung the blade into the creature's thick neck–this time, however, he was able to sever the head clean off the neck. The monster was unable to make another holler before he could do so.

The Ruiner Nergigante's head fell to the ground with a loud thud, the body staggering to the floor seconds later. Deep red blood squirted from the sliced arteries. The blood emanated a rotten stench, making the area reek of decaying flesh. Stan vomited again.

"Stan, how are you a hunter if you can't stand the sight of blood?"

"Oh, I've seen worse. I'm just feeling a bit dizzy."

The Field Team Leader whispered into the Commander's ear, "How is this guy even an A-Lister? He can't even handle blood!"

The Fifth Fleet analyzed the Shara Ishvalda's devoured corpse. "I don't belive that dragon is fully dead. Would someone check to make sure?"

"I will!"

Wendy swung her hammer and bludgeoned the Shara Ishvalda's head. The head cracked open like a watermelon falling on a flat surface, with some head fragments tumbling onto the floor. She repeatedly bashed the creature's head numerous times until the head was nothing but a mushy, purple pulp of geode flesh and blood.

"If it wasn't dead already, then it defintely is now."