-CHAPTER TWO: Acquainted-

"Well, I'm just gonna talk with Kenny now."

Kyle shrugged. "Suit yourself."

I left the boys' table to be with Kenny. He was standing alone in the corner, silently watching other hunters chat among themselves.

I only knew he could be Kenny because of the unmistaken messy blonde locks and ocean blue eyes. Just the armor was something new, and I was liking it already.

I casually leaned my beck on the wall next to him. Surprisingly, Kenny didn't even look my way. I cleared my throat to grab his attention. Oddly enough, the gesture worked.

"Oh, Y/N. You're up." Kenny said, unenthusiastically. "Glad to see you're still alive."

"Kenny, why aren't you with the boys?" I asked, motioning to Cartman, Kyle and Stan. "I'm a G Rank. They're just Master Rank. They're not ready enough to be on my level." Kenny scoffed. "I'm guessing you're Master Rank too?"

"Um, I guess." I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly.

"Thought so."

"But don't leave me alone like the others, okay?"

"Sheesh Y/N, when did you become so clingy?"

"I don't know, why are you so mean?" I nagged back, sounding a little harsher than I thought.

Kenny went completely silent. I was feeling uneasy. Had I upset him? Was he thinking about something?

"I mean," I began. "Just because you're a G Rank doesn't mean you're any more special than a Master Rank. At the end of the day, it doesn't even matter. A rank's just a number."

Well, that was a disappointing first encounter.

As I was about to leave the corner, Kenny grabbed my shoulder. I gasped at the sudden move. "Wait," he began. "Actually, I was thinking; would you like to grab lunch with me?" Kenny asked.

I blinked with surprise. Wasn't he kinda rude a few seconds ago? Why was he acting to warm to me all of a sudden?

Regardless, I didn't want to turn down the offer of eating lunch with him.

"Sure!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny and I took our seats, waiting to be served

Kenny and I took our seats, waiting to be served. I took a menu and opened it up to read it.

"You know what you're getting?"

Hmm. That meat platter looks good. I'll order that.

"Yeah."

A little Palico waddled to us with a notepad in its paws. "Welcome hunters! What can I get for you, meow?" The Palico mewed.

"I'll have the chef's choice platter," Kenny said. "And what will you have, Y/N?"

"I'd like the meat platter please!"

"One chef's choice platter and one meat platter coming right up!" The Palico meowed, and two other Palicos rushed out carrying big platters. They slid down the spiral stairway and landed on their digits to serve the food.

Kenny and I had received our platters. We opened the lids, and we were met with our piping hot meals. My mouth was watering at the sight of savory meat, succulent skewers, and a mug of ale.

I looked at Kenny's platter—he had more than I did; a whole roasted chicken, skewers, sausages, and a mug of ale too.

"Well, dig in."

I wolfed down my skewer ferociously. I had no idea I was this hungry. Well, back when I used to be alive in South Park, I was feeling hungry then. Now, I'm even hungrier.

"A girl that loves her meat," Kenny said. "I like that." He gave me a sly, perverted smile. I noticed and smiled with a mouthful.

Ah, classic Kenny.

"Aren't you gonna eat too?" I said, mouth full of juicy meat. "Oh right." Kenny bit a chunk out of his chicken. Kenny swallowed his food and took a swig of ale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
Also, here's the canteen cutscenes from MHWI