Chapter 31: Raindrops

Start from the beginning

"Someone save me" Marcus groaned as he collapsed into a seat next to me.

"Oh god, here we go. What happened now?" I replied as I shovelled the rest of my sandwich in my mouth.

"That weird girl, Miranda or something, wouldn't shut up in biology about dissecting a frog, and now she won't stop bugging me" Marcus explained, pulling faces as he did.

"She got kicked out of my maths class because she was so disruptive" Troye said, a knowing smile on his face.

"I wouldn't be surprised. What did she do?" Marcus asked.

Troye then began a wonderful tale of how Miranda would randomly break out into songs during class, practically screaming the lyrics. She would complain about how she had so many haters and no one would listen to her.

By the end of the recount, Marcus and I were giggling like schoolgirls at the ridiculousness of the acts.

"There once was this girl in my class..." and that was how the rest of our lunch was spent, talking about the strange characters we had in our school.

As the bell went, signalling the end of school, I hastily packed my things away and exited the classroom and halls, knowing Troye would have already left.

I was right, as I found Troye walking through the courtyard.

"Yo, Troye what's up?" I said as I caught up to him.

He looked towards me. "Hey, Tyler" he responded.

"Do you want to go to Starbucks and do our little tradition, ordering drinks and writing the story?" I asked, praying he would say yes.

"Yeah, okay. I got nothing better to do" Troye agreed, causing a smile to spread across my face.

"Great."

We traipsed to Starbucks, making small talk on the way.

The cafe was fairly empty, so our usual seat by the window was free. The scent of coffee and something spicy (cinnamon perhaps?) swirled through the air, the atmosphere warm and comforting as usual.

Troye and I began working on the story, sipping the drinks we ordered along the way.

As words and lines and dots were scribbled across paper, the sky darkened, earlier than usual. The dark clouds from the morning had not disappeared, instead threatening to burst with the faintest movement in air.

"We should probably finish up soon, it looks like it's going to rain" I suggested when clouds slowly covered the sun.

Troye looked up from writing, glancing out the window.

"Yeah, probably should" he agreed.

We both stashed our books and papers away, throwing the empty cups away.

A crisp wind had picked up since we had entered the building, attacking us the moment we walked outside. I tugged my jacket further around my body.

We barely spoke a word as we made our way down the street. Our pace was twice as fast, both wanting to escape the cold.

Three blocks away from my house, something fell down my neck. Another on my head, then my arm.

Multiple began pounding down upon us, and I began to get drenched.

It had started to rain.

I cursed, wishing I had drove this morning. I quickened my pace, but realised something was wrong.

There was only one set of footsteps.

I spun around, raindrops blurring my vision. I could feel goosebumps rising on my skin as the water began to soak through my clothes.

"Oi, Troye, what are you doing?" I called.

Amidst the rain, I could see Troye standing in the middle of the path, staring up at the sky. As he heard my voice, he began walking to me, still looking upwards.

A metre away, he finally gazed down upon me. He wasn't worried about the rain, or shivering about the cold. No, he was just relaxed and calm, like the rain was an everyday occurrence.

He met my eyes, and smiled. The smile was soft and gentle, mimicking his nonchalant attitude. A few droplets twinkled down his nose and cheeks, his eyes somehow glowing in the dim light.

"I love the rain" was all he said as he began to walk again down the path.

A/N

Why hello there! I have updated!

This chapter had some sweetness at the end, not sure if it was good or not, but I enjoyed writing it. It made up for the beginning.

So how's your life been going? Any awkward/exciting moments happen?

I've just been watching YouTube (a reason this chapter went up later) and staying in bed. Although I did lose my phone on the bus... (I got it back luckily).

And Hello L3ttuc3 .you've also found my story. What's up?

Comment and vote if you enjoyed.
Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.