Chapter 42 | Controversially Maroon

NYX MANSON

“YOU’VE DONE SO much,” Loredana says from beside me. “You should’ve let us help you,” she states, a soft simpler playing at her thin lips.

I shake my head with a small smile. “You needed to rest for once. You’ve been planning and working on these balls for years,” I say with a smile.

We’re sat in the back of a Range Rover and are on our way to find a dress for me at an Italian boutique Loredana and Aurora adore.

“We’re forever grateful, cara,” Aurora muses, and I nod with a smile.

The car soon stops in front of the small boutique, and their bodyguards open the doors for us. We walk into the store, and my eyes widen at the number of dresses around us.

A short woman with long brown hair comes into our view, and I smile at her. “Aurora,” the lady nods in her direction, and Aurora returns the small gesture. Loredana and the lady have the same exchange before she turns her attention to me.

“She’s more beautiful than I expected,” the woman coos. “My name is Mona,” she says, and I tell her my name, even though she already knows who I am. “Let’s go find your dress,” she pipes.

From giant, puffy ballroom gowns to body fitted mermaid dresses are hung up on the racks. Almost every colour on the colour chart has been stitched into a beautiful dress.

“All of these dresses are one of a kind,” Mona says while grabbing a few dresses from the rack. “We don’t want the Donna to wear the same dress as someone else,” she laughs, Loredana and Aurora joining in.

She hands me a few heavy, puffy dresses, and I give her a small, awkward smile. “These are beautiful, but they might weigh me down if I need to run or fight,” I state, clearing my throat a bit.

“Mmh, Vincenzo has truly found a woman for him,” Mona hums. She takes the dresses from me and places them to the side. “I think I have the perfect dresses for you,” she hums.

Mona grabs a few dresses from the rack and hands them to me, a bloody maroon dress standing out. I run my hand over the maroon dress, and the women smile at me.

“Go try it on,” Aurora encourages, and Mona shows me to the dressing room.

It takes a while before I actually get the dress on, but it feels amazing on my body. I pull the curtain back and step out of the dressing room. The three women gasped as I turned to the mirror, and I gasped at the sight of myself in this gorgeous dress.

It hugs my body perfectly, showing off each curve in my body. “But it’s too revealing,” I mutter when I fully process what I’m wearing.

The slit is extremely high as it sits below my hip bone. If I were to step to the side, my entire thigh and hip would be exposed to everyone. The long, thin straps extend down to my collarbone, exposing most of my shoulders and just above my breasts.

The top of the dress covers my chest but takes a turn as it forms a triangular shape around my mid section due to the sides being cut out completely. My back and waist are fully exposed as the rest of the material of the dress only continues at my hips.

“He’s going to love it,” the women all say, and I look at them with a smile.

I look at myself in the mirror once more with a wide smile. “A controversially maroon dress for his fiamma.”

· · · · ·

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

I haven’t seen my woman in the past three days, and I can’t wait any longer. The ball is supposed to begin in two hours, and I’m not even dressed yet.