Chapter 16 | A Few More Minutes

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

THAT USELESS YAKUZA meeting was prolonged for no reason. I would’ve been back in New York in two days, but they kept it going for five extra days. Mitsuhiro is lucky he’s my best friend because I would’ve killed his men for wasting my time without any remorse or slight hesitation.

There was so much going on, and people were so focused on me that I didn’t want to risk one of them hearing me if I answered her calls or noticed me texting her every minute.

I only trust Mitsuhiro, and he’s the only one outside my family who knows about Nyx.

I can’t risk my enemies trying to use my woman as leverage. Though stuck in a long meeting isn’t an excuse because I could’ve sent her a message before I left for the meeting.

That’s entirely on me.

She’s probably angry or irritated with me, but I’m going to make it up to her. “Don,” both Angelo and Nicola murmur as I open the door to my woman’s apartment.

I nod in acknowledgement before walking in, leaving the door ajar. When I don’t see her in the living room or kitchen, I walk along the short hallway and knock on her bedroom door.

I receive no response, so I knock on the door again, just harder this time. She still doesn’t respond. Swallowing I expect to have a shoe flung into my face as I open the door.

A breath of relief leaves me when nothing is thrown at me as I step further into the dimly lit room. The little light coming from her bedside lamp outlines her body lying on the bed.

I tilt my head to the side to see her watching something on her phone with her air pods in her ears. My shadow begins to form on the wall in front of her as I draw closer to the bed. I stop walking when she perks up and pulls her air pods out of her ears when she notices my large shadow.

She turns on her bed, a look of surprise on her face. “Amore... ” I open my arms for a well needed hug, but she does better than just get up and hug me. She instead springs to her feet on her bed and jumps into my outstretched arms with a blissful smile spread across her lips.

She wraps her legs around me, pressing her body further into mine. “Enzo!” She squeals while wrapping her arms around my neck. My smile only widens as I hug her tightly, wanting the moment to last. “You were gone for so long,” she whines while loosening her arms from my neck and her legs from my hips.

I let her down from my body, seeing that her demeanour had switched. She holds her body and stares up at me with slightly pouted lips. I give her a gentle smile while placing my hands on her shoulders. “I’m sorry, mia piccola fiamma,” I say earnestly as I rub my hands down her arms.

She nods. “Next time, just tell me before disappearing, ok?” she whispers.

“How about next time, you come with me,” I suggest, and her eyes light up. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to my chest. “I won’t let it happen again,” I promise, and she nods with a smile.

I lower my head to give a small peck on the lips, glad that the situation didn’t get out of hand. She leans her head up and kisses my lips softly before pulling away. Her eyes glow, and I have to admit I’ve missed looking into her alluring eyes.

She leans up for another kiss, and I gladly press our lips together as I step closer to her bed. I drop her on the bed, and she pulls me down with her, my body falling between her legs. She bites her bottom lip when she notices our position, and I only smirk at her.

Her arms loosely wrap around my neck while I slip my hand up her shirt, resting my cold palm against her warm waist. We kiss each other once more, much harder this time. The kiss stays slow as we both pour passion into it. I battle to control myself as my hand runs along her skin, tempted to touch her more sensually.

Her fingers tangle into the hair at the back of my head, and she pulls at the roots as she moans into my mouth. Her back arches up, causing her chest to press into my chest as more moans leave her mouth.

I smirk against her lips and pull away. She whines immediately, and I just smile down at her. “One more,” she begs as she pulls me back to her lips. She tilts her head back, deepening the kiss, causing me to groan in her mouth. Her fingers lightly trace along my neck before slipping back into my hair.

I use my legs to push her thighs apart, and she stops kissing me almost immediately, surprised by my move. I smirk down at her before moving my head to her neck.

Her breathing deepens when I suck on the skin right above her pulse. “Enzo...” she hums while tugging at my hair. I bring my hands down to her waist, pushing her shirt further up. I trace her body with my hands, memorising every small detail of her soft skin underneath my fingertips.

I tease her a little, making sure to play with the hem of her bra and shorts every now and then. “Vincenzo,” she gasps when I sink my teeth into her soft skin. She hums softly, melting in my hands.

The kissing and touching goes on until I feel myself painfully throbbing in my pants. I pull away from her kiss swollen lips, but her hooded eyes tempt me to go back in for more, for so much.

She slowly unwraps her arms from my neck, slipping her hands down to press against my chest. I smile down at the – my – gorgeous woman beneath me, feeling like the luckiest man on the earth.

I glance over to her bedside clock, reading the time with a sigh. “I wanted to take you out to dinner, but we kind of got lost in each other, and the time has flown by,” I admit while gently laying against her chest. Her arms come around me as she softly giggles.

Listening to her smooth heartbeat, I almost fall asleep in her arms as she softly runs her fingers along my back. “We could always do that at another time,” she whispers, and I nod against her chest, not wanting to move from our position.

“Let’s go to my penthouse,” I blurt out, and her fingers stop moving along my back. I tense against her, worried to hear what she has to say.

Her fingers move once more, easing my nerves. “Just a few more minutes of cuddling, then we can get up,” she mutters.

I wrap my arms around her, squeezing her closer to me. “I don’t protest,” I whisper, finding more comfort in being in the arms of my woman.

_____________________________________________

Oh my fricken soul!!!
Thank you guys so much for reading my story so far...
Fricken 9K views!

· · · · ·

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!
XOXO.
_____________________________________________