Chapter 22 | Let's Steal Him

NYX MANSON

"I SEE YOU'VE convinced my sons to take their contacts out," Aurora hums, and I nod proudly. They have such beautiful eyes, so there's no point in hiding them, no matter what other people may think of them.

Vincenzo's eyes are a soft shade of maroon. He has a bold eye colour compared to the rest of his family, and it actually suits him, better than his hazel contacts. Lorenzo, on the other hand, has extremely dark eyes with light streaks of purple swirling in them.

"And your eyes are just as amazing as their eyes, cara," Aurora muses, and all I can do is smile.

"Dinner is ready!" Loredana, Riccardo's mother, announces happily.

"I'll help you dish up," I offer while getting up, but Vincenzo grabs my wrist.

"Cara, sit back down, you're our guest," Loredana laughs with a dismissal wave of her hand. I stand for a second longer and she gently frowns. "Sit," she says sternly and I nod before sitting back down.

Loredana walks around the table, placing the bowls of food in front of us. She soon finishes up and sits next to her husband, Tommaso. "Let's eat," Luca, Aurora's husband, says.

Everyone smiles as they lean forward to grab the different bowls of food. Vincenzo impatiently stares at Riccardo as he waits for him to serve himself some pasta.

I smile at the pair as I grab the nearest bowl to me and dump a handful of the vibrant looking salad on my plate. I put the bowl back in the middle of the table and grab my fork, ready to eat, while everyone else keeps dishing up for themselves.

I pick at the salad before poking a few of the greens and a thin tomato slice. I'm not in the mood to eat, but I won't be rude and not eat Loredana and Aurora's food at all.

"Piccola fiamma..." I stick the fork into my mouth as I turn my gaze to his. "Is that all you're going to eat?" He asks with a puzzled look. I nod while pulling the fork out of my mouth. "That's not enough," he scolds with an intense stare. "Let me dish up for you," he offers, but doesn't wait for my response as he grabs my plate.

Out of instinct, I slap his hand away from my plate, and he groans. "No, I'm fine with this," I softly hiss as I move my plate away from his hand.

"Amore, don't be so stubborn," he grits as he grabs my plate again. I try to take the plate back, but he stands up and picks his plate up, too. He walks to the kitchen counter while his family and I watch him.

Vincenzo opens a few cabinets until he finds a big bowl. He slides his food into the bowl before placing the dirty plate in the sink. He walks back to the table with the bowl and my plate of salad. He sits down next to me after adding more food to the bowl and places the bowl of pasta and meatballs between us.

"We'll eat together," he simply states while shifting the bowl closer to me.

"Vincenzo, that's a bit-"

"I don't want to hear it," he cuts me off with a glare. All I can do is sigh and listen to him. I don't want to fight in front of his family, and especially over something as simple as food. "Let's eat," he whispers with a gentle look.

I poke some of the pasta, getting a bit of everything before bringing my girl up to my mouth. "This is good," I mutter through my chewing, completely forgetting my manners.