"Oh, nice." Fuck this is awkward. "Uh, well maybe I'll see you later, your shift starts at five, right?" I ask and he nods. "Well maybe I'll run into you," I say, waving. I walk towards the door, not really looking where I'm going and I bump into someone. "Oh my god, sorry I wasn't looki-" I look to see who I just bowled into and it just happened to be a certain original vampire. "Elijah! How are you? Sorry for, you know, almost knocking you over." He's taller than I remember, I think.

"It's no problem Rory, and I'm good, thank you." His eyes shift to somewhere over my shoulder and then back to me. "That man over there is staring at you."

I look to where he looked and see that Brandon was looking at us, though his eyes shifted to his shoes when I look.

"Oh, that's Brandon. He bartends here." I explain and Elijah nods.

"Riveting," he says sarcastically, and it took everything in me to not cackle. "Well, it was nice seeing you, Rory. Hopefully, I will again soon." He places a hand on my arm and it lingers for a bit.

"Yeah, see you," I say, walking off.

"That was so disgustingly territorial. And what is Elijah doing here?" Damon says. Jesus, I just keep running into bloody everyone.

"How was it territorial, for one? And from the looks of it, Elijah's getting coffee." I say.

"It was so territorial. The hand? And why are you getting coffee this late in the day?" Damon asks and I swat him on the shoulder lightly.

"I don't question your drinking habits, so let's not make it one to question mine." He nods as if to say fair enough.

"Now please excuse me, I need to kill wolf girl," Damon says, getting in his murder mode.

"Wait, why? What happened?" I say and Damon sighs. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was upset.

"I may have riled her up and then when she transformed into a wolf she broke into the house and tried to bite me, but Rose pushed me out of the way and.... Rose got bitten." I didn't answer him, all I could do was inhale sharply. "Rory?"

"Rose got bitten?" I say slowly.

"Yeah, Elena's at the house now babysitting." He says with a drawn-out sigh but my mind was going at a million miles an hour. "Have you ever seen a wolf bite?"

"Yes," I say remembering Dan, my boyfriend back in '78. "And it's horrific."

"Could you go over there? Make sure Rose is having fun?" I nod.

"Yeah. And make sure to rip wolfy's heart out," I say, speed walking out of there and getting onto my car.

As I broke pretty much every road rule to get to the Salvatore house fast, I was trying to remember if I had ever heard anything about a cure. Don't get me wrong, Rose and I aren't close but when I was with her in the 1830s, we had a fun time.

I arrive at the Salvatore house and I only just now realise the time. It was 4.45 in the afternoon- maybe I shouldn't sleep in if I don't wake before three. And maybe I shouldn't have gotten coffee- and I worried about Elena, especially since she's literally the doppelganger of the woman who ruined Rose's life.

"Elena?" I say, pushing the massive door open. "Rose?" I walk in the door and hear an awful slurping noise from the basement. 

I walk down the stairs and navigate my way through all the twists and turns. I vaguely wonder why the brothers have a medieval holding cell type thing, but that is the last thing on my mind when I see Rose.

The bite was ghastly. When she sees me, she drops the blood bag she was sucking dry, letting it litter the floor along with the other dozen that she had already gone through.