38🔸Savyasachi's Sairandhri

Song - Yu shabnami

Song - Yu shabnami

Third Person

The orris-silver disc that hung in the lonely sky sporadically, peeked through the dark clouds to witness the young souls' empyrean musing of aeonian love.

Arjun's eyes prolonged on his blue flame, drinking her ethereal vision as she stood there looking enticing as always. Her turbulent curls that cascaded down her back kept dancing with the rhythm of the soft breeze, occasionally teasing his arms and stealing his breaths in the process.

Her fitful arched brows raised before her eyes leaped down, following her eyes Arjun looked down at the small golden bottles in her hand. Arjun questioned her through his eyes, instead of a reply she flashed him a grin that he sure as heck was the most beautiful thing to ever exist.

His wife took his wrist in her much small grasp and tried hauling him somewhere, amused by the fact this little woman there thought she could overpower him in physical strength, Arjun played along as she made him sit on the floor before hoping on the couch.

Arjun opened his mouth to ask what on earth was she trying to do when he felt her slim fingers slithering through his hair making electricity run down his spine, leaving nothing but chills.

"These two bottles can do wonder to your hair, my Gurumata had made them for me back in Panchal" She explained needlessly, Arjun was too busy savouring the sensation of her fingers doing things to his hair and for the first time in his life, he didn't mind even if she messed his hair completely.

Arjun closed his eyes feeling all the enervation gradually dwindling, her fingers softly massaged scalp emitting an involuntary sigh from him, Arjun started losing himself to that sensation until her soft voice called out his name hauling him out of trance "Arjun"

"Hmm?"

"I-I probably shouldn't ask this, you can ignore if you want" Her voice was laced with hesitation that forced Arjun's eyes flutter open, something about this twisted his heart in a rather painful way.

"You can ask me whatever you want Krishnaa, again I apologize for being a jerk earlier"

"About that..." She trailed off "Do you want to talk about it? Since you came back, you-you seem different. If not as your wife, you can share it with me as your friend...If you want to, that is"

Arjun opened his mouth to reply his usual robotic answer that it was nothing and he was just tired but something inside him stopped him from doing so, for once she deserved the truth and he deserves to be truthful about his feelings.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell" A hint of shakiness in her tone gave away the inner mayhem his silence had caused him "I understand"

"Except I want to" Arjun heaved placing his head on her lap, he felt Draupadi going rigid for a moment before relaxing under him.

"I never expected the Yavana King to be so treacherous, so nefarious" He began "You know I had to take only few of my men, nine to be precise, since I didn't have enough time to inform the whole army. They had asked me whether it was safe or not and I had sanguinely assured them, when we finally won the war, they were so happy and- and so proud of me, so much so.... " Arjun halted to catch his breathe feeling a knot forming in his throat.

His wife didn't say a word just kept caressing his curls as he resumed "So much so that one of them, Sahadyumna decided to name his newborn child Arjun" A faint smile lifted the corner of his lips "The news came that very day we won the war, he was so eager to meet his son and his wife"

A lone tear trailed down his cheek while a mind numbing pain crawled its way up his throat "I couldn't save them Krishnaa, none of them" His voice was thick with tears as his arms instinctively wrapped around her waist before he buried his head on her lap.

Draupadi kept messaging his head "There are some certain things that are beyond any mortal's power, death is one of them. The brave souls got the heroic death they deserved, this was how things were support to happen"

"I am supposed to meet their families in a few days but I don't think I can Krishnaa" He whispered through clenched jaw.

"You can" Her voice was too firm for Arjun to cross "I am sure their families are proud of them. To be truthful, the very thought of loosing any of my loved ones to war makes my heart throb with unbearable pain. But, God forbid, as a Kshatriyani I also know it can happen anytime, I should be prepared to welcome them with pride, in whichever state they come back as"

Her words were followed by a halcyon silence, a silence that had warmth to sooth Arjun's ruptured heart and he felt the heaviness slowly fading away. After a while he decided to break it "You would have been a wonderful Sairandhri"

Draupadi let out a chortle "Unfortunately, I am a Princess but I can be your Sairandhri if you want"

Rolling his head Arjun looked up and found his tawny beauty looking down at him with love and ardorence oozing out of those lotus eyes of hers as he husked "I'd love nothing more than to have the Princess of Panchal as my personal Sairandhri"

His heart swelled with some unknown emotions when she lowered her eyelids, his bronzed skin turning slightly reddish, her anodyne sight made Arjun's eyelids heavy and he didn't bother fighting the sleep this time as he closed his eyes before slowly drifting into a dreamless sleep.

In his state of half consciousness, he felt the feathery touch of her juicy lips as they brushed over his forehead. Arjun had no idea when was the last time he had slept so peacefully and he was looking forward to more such serendipitous togetherness and heady nights.

A certain pair of hooded eyes squinted slightly as malicious greed scintillating across those dark orbs, tearing them off of the couple that appeared detached from the world he settled them on the man beside him "They look good together, I must say"

Hello!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this sweet chhotu ArDish chapter 🐨

Don't forget to Vote and comment if you do <3

Jay Shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika