14🔸Realisation

Third Person

Third Person

"How are you doing Parth?" Krishna asked softly returning his gaze from the tranquil Ganga to a distressed Arjun.

"I'm doing rather well Madhav" Arjun lied, fully aware of what Krishna was asking him about while he threw a flat rock in the river which bounced thrice rippling his reflection before drowning.

He wanted to pour his heart out to Krishna, tell him about the intense storm that had been going inside him, about the chaos that was stabbing his heart.

But he chose to keep everything to himself.

Krishna let out a soft chuckle "I swear there's nothing as destructive as love"

"I can't imagine you admitting this before Satyabhama" Arjun quipped

"I never will" Krishna affirmed with a wink "and suggest you to follow my step"

"I doubt your Sakhi would be interested enough to listen to me talking anything about love" Arjun chortled dryly as he leaned against the huge banian tree.

"Don't try to judge Yajnaseni Draupadi so easily Parth. She has a real delicate soul behind her rigid posture and stern brows"

"And I crushed that delicate soul of hers Keshav, and how? I deserve neither her love nor her" Arjun swallowed a knot that had formed in his throat.

"You're being too harsh on yourself. Draupadi is known as the most beautiful woman earth as ever witnessed and we've all witnessed how her beauty drove the men, presented in her Swayamvar, mad.

"But you gave up all the rights you had on her just to keep your mother's and eldest brother's words, how many men can do it?" Krishna stopped and Arjun side glanced at him, his amber eyes pleading Krishna to continue so he did.

"Do you know the difference between sacrifice and charity?" Krishna asked.

"Charity is giving away unimportant extras, sacrifice is giving away—" Arjun halted in his track as realisation swept over him.

He never knew sacrifice could be so hideous.

"That's right Arjun" Krishna's lips lifted up in a soft smile "Charity makes one proud but sacrifice makes us pure"

Arjun listened to his captivated voice with awe "How do you do this?"

"Do what?" Krishna inquired narrowing his eyes.

"Make the best out of worst?" Arjun questioned in an amused tone.

"Because that's what life is all about" Krishna concluded.

After a long pause Arjun asked in a low voice "Will she ever forgive me?"

"Before her or anyone you'll have to forgive yourself Parth" Krishna rose to his feet and stretched his muscles "If we don't reach the royal in half an hour, we will be in serious trouble"