30🔸Princesses of Kashi

Third Person

Third Person

"Dhara, stop it"

The young maiden's perturbed voice echoed in the silent hallway as she tried fastening her pace all the while handling her bejeweled lehenga with one hand and another trying to catch the much swifter sister of hers.

"To the ruler of my heart?" Her sister scoffed as she read the later in her hand that she had stolen from her sister's room few minutes ago "You're so cheesy, Bhanu"

"Dhara, for the last time" Bhanumati finally managed to grab her elbow before swiveling around but Valandhara immediately hid the letter under her dupatta.

"I'll just read it once and give it back" Valandhara beseeched with lips forming a small pout.

"I will let you, if you show me the poems you've written for Prince Bheem" Bhanumati smirked.

The very mention of Prince Bheem made Valandhara's heart fluttered, weakening the hold on the letter in the process. Noticing her lack of attention Bhanumati briskly snatched it away emitting a gasp of deception from Valandhara.

"That's cheating!" Valandhara chidded crossing her arms over her chest before throwing a side glance at her sister "As your would be elder sister in law I'm ordering you to give that back"

"The would be wife of Savyasachi Arjun doesn't follow anyone's order" Bhanumati flipped her still wet dark brown hair as sly smirk danced across her pink lips.

"What's going on here?" The Queen of Kashi heaved "You do know your Swayamvar is only twenty days away, don't you?"

"Yes, sorry" Both the sisters mumbled an apology while exchanging a secret glance. They ambled toward their mother and wrapped their arms around her from each side.

"Mata, did pitashri..." Valandhara trailed off as an unwanted blush creeping up her face.

Kamini placed her hands on her daughter's cheeks and smiled "Yes, Our messenger has already left for Hastinapur. Although all the Kuru princes are invited, your father remembered to specific Prince Bheem and Prince Arjun's names"

Valandhara tightened her arms around her mother, a dreamy smile curling her lips. She had no idea how when she fell for the mighty Prince of Hastinapur but she did and there was no one else her heart could accept as her husband.

Bhanumati felt dizzy with happiness. The moment she heard about the way Kumar Arjun, in guise of a Brahmim won the princess of Panchala, she knew he was the one for her. She wondered what it would be like to garland him amongst every other kshatriyas presented, how would his eyes look at her?

Would they look at her the way they looked at the Panchal princess? Draupadi was known to be the most beautiful princess but then again she was, after all, his common wife. Bhanumati knew men weren't a fan of sharing especially when it came to women, they had egos bigger than Himavat.