26🔸Equation

Draupadi

Draupadi

Unable to trust my own senses, I stared incredulously at those golden orbs of my husband, their penetrating gaze assessing me in an unknown, bizarre way. His eyes appeared so exotic in moments like these, so very soft, softer than I knew eyes could ever be.

I didn't dare blinking my eyes or even release the breath I was holding. I was afraid that a single movement and this would be gone, he would be gone and I would be ruthlessly hauled out of this pulchritudinous stupor.

But it could be no stupor when I could feel his hot breath burning the sensitive skin of my neck, when I could feel the warmth of his body transmitting into mine as he kept me closer to himself letting his brawny chest pressing against my back, not giving me any scope to move at all.

"Wh-what?" Finally finding my voice I stammered.

"How am I supposed to let you go without telling me weather or not you enjoyed my performance" He quipped removing himself from me.
I swiveled around and found an impish smile dancing across his lips so I decided to play along.

"Of course I did" I paused to peer at him through my lashes "Princess Aryaa has an amazing voice along with a beautiful face"

His sharp ambers looked down at me calculatingly before answering slowly, almost as if carefully choosing his words "She does"

A wave of despondency washed over me. I didn't expect him to deny it, then why on earth was I unable to push the chagrined that started strangling my heart. Swallowing the lump I managed to spurt out a mumble "Yeah" Clearing ky throat I added "Okay then. I'm going, enjoy your ksheer" I turned to leave but the now familiar grip on my elbow impeded me.

"But you didn't say anything about my performance"

"Why do you even need my opinion?" I fumed "I saw how everyone including my cousins and princess Aryaa were showering you with their heartfelt praises"

"But they aren't Krishnaa" Yanking me closer he husked. I struggled to set myself free but in vain. He held me where he wanted.

I clenched my jaw in frustration, I knew I had already fallen in his trap, I could feel his charm subduing all my vexation and aggravation and on top of everything, the physical closeness was not letting me focus on anything else.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Is it working?"

"No!" I lied and made the grave mistake of looking up. His ambers were staring down at me with the kind of ferocity that I felt oddly hot, sweats had beaded on my forehead. Tearing my eyes off of those melted golds I realised exactly close our bodies were. The only thing that separated them were my now dishevelled clothes.

I felt his grip tightening around my elbow while the tip of his sharp nose brushed against mine. His maddening spicy scent filled my senses while our breaths mingled. My eyes spontaneously landed on his inviting kissable lips, which were slightly parted.