60🔸 Knowing him

Note - A very long chapter, would request the readers to read till end.

Draupadi

"What happened, Sulochan?" Arjun inquired, his brows tangled in a slight frown of irk and confusion which made me bit my smile back. I had came to this conclusion I absolutely loved witnessing my usual calm husband loosing his composure once in a while just like he loved nothing more than teasing the life out of me.

"Queen Satyabhama's order, Rajkumar" Sulochan's reply made Arjun release a breath of despair as he glanced at me from the corner of his eyes "Again, who asked her to come along?"

"I did" I lied looking defiantly into his eyes "you've any problem with that?"

"I do and be ready to pay for your offence" He articulated, each word screaming his true intention and before I could react, he took my hand and made me come out of the chariot before jumping off of it and helping me getting down.

Arjun, with my hand still in his, walked toward where Satya and Govind were standing talking more like arguing about something.

"Queen Satya how can I serve you this time?" Arjun bowed slightly, his derision earning a wrathful glare from Satyabhama

"Arjun will you stop doing this" Satya chided before turning to me "Panchali, ask your friend to let us go on an individual horse ride to explore this place"

"Bhama, we need to reach Panchal as soon as we can" Govind tried to cajole her by taking her hands but Satya snatched it away

"But it's nearing dawn, we can continue our journey at morning" She argued back

"Alright" Arjun left my hand and ambled toward them "Madhav the charioteers are tired anyways"

"And that is why my friend, I adore you" Satya clapped with glee

"Almost thirteen years and still figuring out what gave you the impression that we are friends" Arjun mumbled caressing Vayu who was amongst the horses of our chariot.

"I am not coming" I stated crossing my hands over my chest, I was in no mood of going anywhere with Arjun.

"Krishnaa—"

"Neither am I" Govind's voice cut Arjun's and we all looked at him in scepticism. Vasudev Krishnaa refusing his beloved wife, more importantly him not wanting his coveted cousin's company was something none expected.

"What?" Satya's eyes darted from Govind and then me "But even Arjun agreed"

"I am giving Parth a chance to know how good of a friend you can be while I and Kalyani stay back"  The corner of Govind's lips were lifted up with an impish smile but as he laid his eyes on me, they told some another story altogether. I felt so vulnerable under his arcane eyes and somewhat scared of their intention.