2🔸 Blue flame

Music- 'Siya ke Ram' love theme (swipe)

Third Person

"A Princess born from sacrificial fire, how unusual"

Arjun heard his eldest brother murmuring, his gaze fixed on blazing bonfire while he leaned against the Shami tree, staring at the stars filled sky.

"And smells like blue lotus" Nakul mused dreamily, his head resting on Arjun's lap.

"Don't think too much about her. Didn't you hear the Brahmin?" Sahdev side glanced at the third Pandav before adding "King Drupad has conducted the Swayamvar in a way only the best archer can win his daughter's hand"

"Means Arjun" Bheem concluded.

Arjun's heart fluttered in his chest but quickly composing himself he straightened up and scoffed "The Arjun who defeated King Drupad and forced him to give half of his Kingdom to Dronacharya?"

All his brothers could talk about was her. Since the Brahmin narrated the story of the divine births of Panchal Yuvraj Dhrishtadyumna and Princess Panchali.

A fire-born princess who smelled like blue lotus.

Intriguing enough.

But women and marriage were something Arjun never had the will or time to ponder over, especially not now, not when his life was a fragile mess of uncertainty "Besides Arjun is dead, remember?" He winked.

"Bhrata Arjun, the stars are indicating something prodigious is going to happen through you" Sahdev stated with a placid smile.

Arjun shook his head while a soft sarcastic smile lifted the corner of his lips up. His eyes flickering back to the sizzling flame. He never really relied on fate anyways, if he wanted to accomplish something, he would make it happen himself.

He had always relished earning things on his own instead of getting them . There was no delight in 'getting' things, no exhilaration, satisfaction or dignity at all.

"Arjun if you don't attend it, I will" Bheem's declaration broke Arjun's chain of thoughts as he looked at his elder brother whose mouth was loaded with sweets.

"Bhrata Arjun, looks like we are going to die unmarried" Nakul exhaled loudly before resuming "I mean the way Bhrata Bheem is getting eager to marry right after marrying Hidimba bhabhi, there won't be any Princess left for us"

Arjun let out a rumbling laughter while ruffling Nakul's hair in appreciation.

"I don't know about others but you'll definitely die unmarried, I'll gladly do it right now, with my own hands. Just let me finish this" Bheem showed the plate of sweets he was having.

"Then rest assure, you have plenty of time to run Nakul. There are ten more plates to finish" Arjun sneered acquiring a deathly glower from Bheem.

"Arj-"