59🔸To Panchal

Third Person

Third Person

"What?" Kunti stood on her feet not quite believing her own senses "Phalgun, you do know what you are saying, right?"

"Of course" Arjun walked closer and made her sit on the bed, before kneeling on ground near her feet "Mata, it's important for the Panchalas to attend this. Their absence might raise various questions among our guests, especially our cousins"

Kunti remained silent, her son was not right. Already the abduction of Subhadra made people question his relation with Draupadi, she herself had heard maids even her daughters in law gossiping about it, of course each had their own versions of the story. On top of everything except for the gifts from Panchal they didn't hear anything so there's a good chance that they had misunderstood her Phalgun as well "But Phalgun why you need to take Draupadi along?"

"Because she seemed quite upset since the news reached her, she is worried about her father" Arjun explained patiently "Mata, it's just matter of few days. We would just convince them and return as soon as possible, even Madhav would accompany us"

"I understand" She breathed "It's just I don't know how we would manage everything without her, especially the Pooja..." Kunti trailed off. Her Phalgun was asking something almost impossible from her. He wanted to visit Panchal and bring the royal family to Khandavprastha but that was not the problem, the problem was he wanted to take Draupadi along.

It had been years Kunti had taken any responsibility, all thanks to her oldest daughter in law. Now she didn't know how anything would be done without her

"Mata you've your other daughters in law as well, let them take responsibility this time and if I am not wrong Krishnaa has already done most of the arrangements and the rest she would do after coming back" The firmness in his voice didn't spare Kunti with much to say so she remained still reluctant to listen to him.

Arjun was determined to take Draupadi to Panchal. His wife had been off ever since she got to know her family were not coming to the Pooja and he couldn't bare to see her this dull, he had already caused her enough distress now he wished to make her life as joyous as possible.

And, a trip to Panchal just the two of them, he couldn't let go of this chance even for the world.

"Fine" Kunti exhaled ruffling Arjun's curls before patting his cheek softly "You do know how to get your things done, all the time"

Arjun smiled and placed his head on her lap "Not all the time, not really"

Kunti's smile slowly faded as a knot formed in her throat as she inhaled a breath sharply and she chose to ignore his words for sometimes ignorance was the best way to be at peace.

Draupadi

I still couldn't believe I was going to Panchal even now when I was sitting in the chariot with Arjun outside instructing the charioteer about something.

Just a couple of hours ago, all of a sudden my mother in law asked me to get ready for Panchal. I didn't even get any time to comprehend her words because an excited Satyabhama told me the chariots were ready and I needed to get dressed.

"Was it necessary?" I asked when Arjun came in and sat beside me "To bring me along?"

"Don't you want to visit your home?" He asked appearing quite amused before taking out a stroll from a small box "I would never know how you women do it"

"It's not like we have any choice" I pursed my lips  and side glanced at my husband who was scribbling something on the not paying any attention on me

"What are you writing?" I asked " letters to Subhadra? Started missing her already?"

I had to put all my strength to fight the smile when he glared at me while I continued "Or is it your dearest Chitrangada?" Taking pleasure in the annoyance on his face I added "No? then must be the divine Naga Princess, what was her name?"

Arjun let out a sigh of despondency "Ulupi, her name is Ulupi and no it's neither of them. Krishnaa how difficult it is for you to just forget about them?"

"So is it someone else?" Ignoring him gracefully I raised my brow "Someone we do not know about"

He opened his mouth but my voice impeded "Is she amongst the divine nymphs you had freed?" My eyes squinted, my question that was supposed to annoy him started worrying me because there was every possibility of Arjun to get enchanted by those nymphs and I had this feeling they were wooed by him anyways.

Arjun didn't reply as he raised his eyes "Might be, but why you seem so bothered as far as I recall you didn't really care anything that concerned me"

I felt my heart twisting in my chest painfully as I turned my face away. I didn't know why I was even upset, he had already married thrice, a fourth shouldn't bother me. As I was busy convincing myself I felt him coming near but remained still in my position.

"Want to know about her?" He husked placing his head on my shoulder, his hot breath fanning my collarbone as he continued "She is like a muse of a poet, her rain soaked earth eyes so hauntingly beautiful that you'd be hypnotised for life if you look at them just once, her tawny skin emits the kind of heat that could defeat the god fire himself, And don't even get me started with the smile, trust me when I say it's more fatal than the rain God's weapon Vajra (thunder)"

I understood where this was going and felt heat rushing into my cheeks as I glanced down at him, almost feeling my gaze he looked up with the now familiar signature smirk playing at the corner of his lips as he lifted his fingers and tactfully brushed my curls making me take in a sharp breath, closing my eyes to just feel the sensation of those finger on my skin.

"The unashamed bridge of her beautiful nose would force you to bow your head before her" His finer trailed down my nose "And then there's her lips" His rough thumb fell on my lips before gently brushing them "You would want to listen to her all day and even if she utters some of the harshest of words through them, her poor lover swallows them down being unable to fight the intensity of the haze they creat"

With my eyes still closed I could feel how close his face was to mine and I seemed to be frozen in my spot as I couldn't move a muscle even if I wanted so. I was left with no other option but to await his next step, with my heart dancing with anticipation and soul ablaze with fire of desire but my wait met with a sharp jerk and high pitched voice of the horses while the chariot stopped hauling us out of our stupor.

 I was left with no other option but to await his next step, with my heart dancing with anticipation and soul ablaze with fire of desire but my wait met with a sharp jerk and high pitched voice of the horses while the chariot stopped hauling us ou...

Sorry for being so late. I was extremely busy this week but still somehow managed to write 😃

And I don't know how it has turned out 🥲😭 I felt it was kinda cringe but kya hi kare

Thanks for reading 😇
Vote target - 62

Jay Shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika