Chapter 37

2 years later...

In Paris

"Yeonju ah, send the cake to table 3 please!" Jungkook turned around and placed a plate of cake on the counter. A girl, which is Yeonju stormed forward and took the cake with her.

"Aye aye boss." She replied and ran away in full speed.

Jungkook took the time to take a deep breath and looked around. The cafe, no his cafe filled with customers. All of them were having a smile on their face and seemed to enjoy their food well.

Jungkook smiled at the sight. This is what he wants.

He has been living in a peaceful life for two years after the awful incident. He was grateful that Taehyung didn't bother him or find him.

Jungkook wonder where Taehyung had been, but every time when he thinks of this question, he will regret it because he shouldn't care for that man anymore.

He shrugged and started to decorate the cake with various kind of fruits. His lips curved up when he decorated it well.

He transferred the cake to another plate and lifted it up.

"Hello, can I get one Americano, one latte and a piece of cheesecake?"

Jungkook turned around when he heard someone was ordering. "Sure-" His eyes widened, lips went slightly opened as he dropped the cake onto the floor when he saw the man standing in front of him.

Cold sweats started to form on his forehead as his hands trembled crazily. "T-Taehyung?"

The man tilted his head confusingly. "How do you know my name?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed, "Are you okay by the way? You dropped the cake and you face look kinda pale?"

How do you know my name? Jungkook repeated this question over and over again in his mind. He stared at Taehyung with his widened eyes, was he acting? He asked himself.

"Hey, are you okay?" Taehyung waved his hands in front of Jungkook's eyes, reaching his hand out to touch Jungkook's face.

"Don't touch me!" Jungkook snapped, backing away instantly when Taehyung's hand almost came in touch with his face.

Taehyung quickly retracted his hand. He was slightly taken back by Jungkook's reaction. He was about to ask more but a hand on the shoulder stopped him.

He turned his head to left. "Chim..." he called out while looking at the shorter male.

Jungkook stared at both Jimin and Taehyung. He blinked his eyes when Jimin shoot him a indescribable look.

"Tae, Joon hyung is waiting for you over there. He said he needs you accompaniment. I will order it for you." Jimin said.

"You know what we want right?" Taehyung asked, earning a nod from Jimin. He smiled widely, "Okay then. Take care of the waiter too. He doesn't look well." He said in worry before walking away.

Jimin watched Taehyung went back to their seat and turned to face Jungkook. He sighed when he saw Jungkook's confused face.

"Long time no see, hyung." Jimin said, giving the older male a smile.

"Yeah... Taehyung... He- I mean how? He doesn't know me? He didn't drag me back with him?" Jungkook asked. He still can remember Taehyung's boxy smile just now. It's so pure and genuine.

"It's a long story. When is your cafe closing time?" Jimin asked.

"Around 7 pm."

"Is it okay if I have a talk with you here at 7:30?"