Chapter 23

"Taehyungie..." Jungkook softly called out and the thin boy who sat beside him turned his head and faced Jungkook.

"Yeah?" Taehyung asked back, "Need anything, Jungkook hyung?"

It's been over a month since Taehyung started to play with Jungkook and both of them get closer to each other.

"Can I ask..." Jungkook blinked his eyes and grabbed Taehyung's wrist, "Why do you have so many bruises on your body? They never recover..."

Taehyung tugged his head down and started drawing circles on the bench with his index finger.

Facing Taehyung's silence, Jungkook sighed, "It's okay if you don't want to tell me-" "My father beats me."

Taehyung said, voice still plain, "He hates me, same as my mother. They don't like the idea of me getting out of the house and play around, that's why I always get beaten if I leave my house."

Jungkook's heart dropped. He quickly grabbed Taehyung's shoulder, making the boy raise his head up, "T-Then why do you still leave your house? No, I mean, it's not your fault! Why didn't you report this to the police?!"

"Police..." Taehyung muttered and scoffed, "They're just a bunch of big belly men who don't even know the definition of abusive family."

Sometimes, Jungkook still gets fascinated over the fact that Taehyung is so mature despite the fact that he's just a 6 years old child.

"Have you even tried to report this to the police?"

"No, but like I said, they don't care about me." Taehyung muttered.

"Oh..." Jungkook pouted, "I don't know how to help you- Oh wait, my father is a policeman!! How can I forget that!"

He grabbed Taehyung's hand, "Let's go, Taehyungie! My appa will help you!!"

"No-" "Let's go let's go!"

Taehyung just let Jungkook drag him. He knew he would be doomed if he reported his father's action to the police, he also knew the situation wouldn't go any better with the help of police, but he doesn't want to stop Jungkook.

Who knows how his father would punish him after knowing he made a report to the police, but Taehyung felt happy.

Happy because someone cares for him.

Happy because Jungkook cares for him.

That's why he chose not to stop Jungkook from taking him to the police station.

🌹🌹🌹

"Appa, you need to help Taehyungie!" Little Jungkook kicked open his father's own working office, earning a few glances from his father's colleagues.

Mr Jeon got up from his head, a former police suit hugging his body perfectly as he walked towards Jungkook, "Kookie, what's wrong?"

"Appa, Taehyungie needs your help!" Jungkook said, pushing Taehyung forward, "See! His father abused him!!" He exclaimed and pointed at Taehyung's bruises.

"Hold on, kookie. What do you mean by abuse?" Mr Jeon asked softly, grabbing Taehyung's hand, "Your father abused you?"

Taehyung nodded his head stiffly.

"What's your father's name?" Mr Jeon asked.

"Kim Jungyoung." Taehyung said and Mr Jeon's body visibly froze.

"Y-You mean the mafia, Kim Jungyoung?"

"Yes, the cruel mafia, Kim Jungyoung." Taehyung replied.

Jungkook blinked his eyes innocently as he stared at Taehyung then his appa, "What is a mafia?"

Mr Jeon quickly hugged Jungkook and lifted him up, backing away until he had a safe distance with Taehyung.

"Please leave, kid. I can't help you." Mr Jeon said to Taehyung.

"What do you mean appa?! You said the police can help everyone right? Taehyungie needs our help-" "Other police can help him! I would not! I won't risk my life on it!" Mr Jeon snapped.

"You're a meanie! If you don't help Taehyungie, you're no longer my appa!" Jungkook punched Mr Jeon's shoulder with his little fists, "Let me down, meanie!"

Mr Jeon tightened his hold around Jungkook because the boy was squirming around and he was afraid he might drop the boy. "Kookie baby, listen to me-" "No! You have to help Taehyungie!"

"I would never." Mr Jeon spat out coldly. He spared a glance at Taehyung who's still in his office, "Leave now."

Taehyung bites his lips and turns around. He expected Mr Jeon to behave like this, but he's worried about Jungkook.

His Jungkook, who always smiles, is crying now.

"No Taehyungie! Don't go!!" Jungkook shouted out, "Y-You could stay with us..."

"I'm sorry, Jungkook hyung." Taehyung said, with his back facing Jungkook, "I might not be able to play with you for a week... We'll see each other next week, okay?"

"T-Taehyungie! Let me go, appa!!"

Taehyung walked out of the office, ignoring Jungkook's yelling and crying voice.

He hopes his father won't give him too much punishment.