Chapter 22

"Joon Hyung!! Are you here?" Jungkook shouted out, looking through the bushes around the park as he tried to find 'Joon Hyung'.

It's been a few days since he last saw the boy but Jungkook hasn't stopped searching for him.

"I brought new candy for you! If you are here, can you come out first?" He asked.

Nothing, no response, not a single voice could be heard except wind blowing sound.

Jungkook pouted. He badly wants to see 'Joon Hyung' again and be friends with him. He feels like 'Joon Hyung' is probably a lonely kid who doesn't have any friends.

From the bruises on 'Joon Hyung' body, Jungkook could tell the boy doesn't have good parents either.

"I just want to be friends with you, Joon Hyung." Jungkook said again, with a loud and clear voice, "If you don't want to see me, I will put the candy I bought on the beach not far away from the old tree!"

Jungkook walked towards the bench and placed candies on it, "I've placed it! I'm leaving now, you can come out and take it."

With that, Jungkook left the park as he said just now.

🌹🌹🌹

The next day, Jungkook headed back to the park to check whether the candy was still there or not. Surprisingly, it disappeared!

Jungkook smiled widely, "That means Joon Hyung was here before!" But then he frowned, "What if it's not Joon Hyung who took them?" He mumbled to himself.

He shrugged, left another brand of candies on the bench and again yelled, "Joon Hyung, I've put candies on the bench again!"

Jungkook almost puts candies on the bench everyday, and everytime the candies will disappear. It could be another kid who took it, but Jungkook always believes it's Joon Hyung who took all those candies.

He did this action everyday until one day, Jungkook finally sees Taehyung sitting on the bench, like he's waiting for someone.

Jungkook immediately walked towards the boy and greeted him with a big smile, "Joon Hyung! Finally, I could see you!" He gasped out when he saw a large purplish bruise on 'Joon Hyung' forehead. "What happened to your forehead?"

'Joon Hyung' pursed his lips, shaking his head, "Nothing." He mumbled.

"It doesn't look like nothing, Joon Hyung." Jungkook started nagging like a 80 years old granny, "You have to treat all those bruises on your body Joon Hyung. Or else you won't look handsome in the future! What if one day you get hurt badly and could not recover? Anything could happen! You should've gotten to the hospital and pay a visit to the doctor-"

"Why do you keep sending candies for me?" 'Joon Hyung' asked, interrupting Jungkook's sentence.

"You weren't listening to me just now were you?" Jungkook huffed loudly, crossing his arms. He stared at 'Joon Hyung' intense stare, he sighed heavily.

"Because candies make us feel happy! I want to share this happiness with you!" Jungkook exclaimed, "You don't look happy enough, so I think candies might help in this situation!" His eyes sparkled as he smiled widely.

'Joon Hyung' stared at the sparkles in Jungkook's eyes, a sudden warm feeling flowed around his body.

"Happiness..." 'Joon Hyung' mumbled, tugging his head down.

"Yes, happiness!" Jungkook grabbed 'Joon Hyung' hands and gave them a light pat, "I'm feeling happy now and I've transferred my happiness to you by grabbing your hands! So Joon Hyung should repay me with a smile now!"

'Joon Hyung' stared at their intertwined hands, then slowly, he raised his head up, "It's Taehyung."

"Huh?" Jungkook tilted his head, staring at 'Joon Hyung' with his round confused eyes.

"My name is Taehyung, not Joon Hyung."

"But last time you said-" "You've heard it wrongly." Taehyung cut off Jungkook's sentence.

"Is that so?" Jungkook shrugged, "Okay, so Taehyung, could you give me a smile in return?"

Taehyung's lips curved up, trying his best to show his bestest smile to Jungkook, "Like this?" He asked.

Jungkook giggled, "No no! Your smile is too fake and stiff, Taehyungie! You should be like me," He smiled, bunny teeth out, trying to teach Taehyung how to smile better.

His funny gesture makes Taehyung smile unknowingly.

"That's it! That's a smile!" Jungkook exclaimed, pointing at Taehyung's face. He twirled around, "You smiled so beautifully! I have a feeling you will be a very handsome guy in the future Taehyungie!"

Taehyung just sat there, watching the boy basically jumping around, mumbling. He stared at Jungkook's cute bunny smile, and doesn't know why he feels Jungkook's smile is way more sweeter than those candies that he ate in previous days.

And Taehyung enjoyed the sweetness so bad.